Chapter 13

I was sitting across the table from Kunikida. We were talking about Dazai.

"You mean he pulls mean pranks on you?" I laughed underneath my mask.

Kunikida was smiling, "Yes, and it's by far the most annoying thing anyone has done to me. He takes my notebook, writes his own notes in it that are rude, and he just sleeps in the office!"

I kept smiling, "He sounds funny."

He sighed, still smiling. "He's more of funny looking, but-"

I cut his sentence off by letting out a laugh.

He also chuckled.

He and I have been talking for a while. We ended up cooking more food he was teaching me to make and now we were eating it while talking to each other.

I looked down at the ramen he had taught me how to make. I ate it with fork by slipping the food underneath my mask.

He was looking at me, "You know, I could teach you how to use chopsticks."

"Hm?" I looked at him. My mouth was full with noodles.

"Chopsticks." He showed me two small, wooden sticks. "Do you want to try using them instead of a fork?"

"...Why? I can just use the fork."

"Well, in Japan, we also use chopsticks. They're usually used for traditional Japanese meals." He gave the small sticks to me.

"Uh..okay."

"Hold them like this." He showed me how he held his.

I tried copying what he did.

"Now, pick up the noodles."

I tried grabbing the noodles, the sticks didn't touch to grab it, they just went past each other.

I stared down at it.

~Time Skip~
"Y-y/n, they're just chopsticks."

"It shouldn't be hard!" I was getting frustrated, which was rare of me to do.

These chopsticks are controlling my feelings!

Evil sticks!

I tried grabbing the noodles. It's been a long while, and I'm still struggling. I've gone over the steps with Kunikida a lot and I still don't understand!

He sighed, "You can just stick to the fork if you want."

I glared at the chopsticks before setting them down and began using a fork once again.

A noise went off, which made me scared. I realized it was Kunikida's phone.

Yosano had shown me how a phone worked the other day when it played that loud noise. When I heard it, I grabbed a bat and tried killing it, but she stopped me.

Kunikida answered the phone, "Hello? Yeah. Yeah, she's here with me." His eyes widened as his face went red. "What?!"

~Kunikida's Pov:~
My phone rang. I grabbed it and answered the call, "Hello?"

"Hey, Kunikida." Dazai spoke through the phone, "Are you at you at your dorm?"

"Yeah."

"Is Y/n there?"

"Yeah, she's here with me."

"You two are getting busy in the futon already?!" He laughed.

I was flustered and angry, "What?! No! She's in my dorm and eating!"