Chapter 6

~Kunikida's Pov:~
I sighed. I was sitting at my desk and looking through my Ideals.

Dazai was on his laptop, typing something.

The President of the Armed Detective Agency walked inside the room.

President Fukuzawa.

"President." I addressed him respectfully.

"What do we have so far about Y/n L/n?" The President asked.

Dazai looked at his laptop, "We've been told by Yosano she has a sickness. She also mentioned Y/n had given a few people sickness because they attempted to harm her."

"I see.." He mumbled.

"Also, I found even more interesting information about her."

"You have?" My eyes widened, looking at Dazai, "How?"

Dazai smirked, "The government, of course. Her full name is Y/n L/n. She seems to not know much because growing up, she was isolated from the world. She was one of the test subjects in a secret illegal government project called "The Projet naïf..."

"That sounds.."

"French. The project took place in a isolated area in France."

"France?" The President's eyes widened.

"Indeed." Dazai answered. "The people behind it were caught and sent to death. The children were found deceased when the police arrived... Unfortunately, some people behind the project got away, but they're sure they most likely died from starvation from that large forest it took place at."

"How were they found? In such an isolated area?" I asked.

"A boy. Asher L/n. He was
Y/n's older brother. Their parents were very important in the French government and had a tracker in their son's body, so when his heart ever stopped, they could find him. They did. He hung himself. The government assumed he had made a sacrifice so everyone could be found.."

My eyes grew wider.

Y/n had an older brother?

"Any more information that could be useful?" The President asked Dazai.

"I do have some." Dazai said, "The people behind the project planned to use
Y/n's sickness to cause an epidemic and gain money from it. But little did they know, Y/n's sickness is contagious when she gets them sick, but not when other people do something that could get someone sick. Only she is contagious."

"Interesting.."

"And, her "sickness" isn't really a sickness. It's an ability."

I looked at Dazai, "Ability?"

Dazai nodded, "The French government has her files. They learned about her the moment her ability was discovered. It got her parents sick and killed them in a matter of minutes. Then, she was stolen and taken into the project. Her ability is called "Terminally Unfortunate"...which is what makes her sick. She's able to get others sick and kill them. Her ability is pretty much poisonous and she is affected by her own  ability... In short terms, she has no cure."

President Fukuzawa seemed to be thinking deeply, "..We shall take her in. She clearly has nowhere to go and doesn't know much about the world. If we made her an Agency member, she'd be under my ability and might have hope of being able to control who she gets sick without any restraints on her. She might not be sick herself if we do that.."

"..Are you saying we should let her join the Agency?" I asked him.

"Yes. That is exactly what I'm thinking." The President sighed. "Kunikida, today, I want you to take her on a case you have. Dazai will not go with you. It will be only you."