Chapter 22

I walked up the stairs since I was still scared of the elevator. I walked down the hallway and stopped right in front of the door which read Armed Detective Agency.

This is one of my major happy places.

My home.

I took a deep breath and walked inside.

I saw Kunikida strangling Dazai while shouting.

What did Dazai do this time?

I let out a sigh.

Kenji was smiling as he held a flower pot in his arms, "Good morning, Ms. L/n."

"Good morning, Kenji." I smiled at him before I noticed Junichiro and Naomi doing something very questionable in the room where the couches were. We just simply called it the couch room. Ranpo and I named it that.

....Yup. Home.

Speaking of him, Ranpo was eating Pockys as this whole disaster happened.

I walked deeper inside the Agency.

Kunikida kept strangling Dazai, "NEXT TIME I SAY NOT TO BREAK A PEN, YOU DON'T BREAK THE DAMN PEN!"

"I-I...I GAVE INTO THE INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS!" Dazai choked out with a smile on his face. I found it weird that he always liked being choked.

"INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS?! YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS?! IF I GAVE INTO MY DAMN THOUGHTS, YOU'D BE DEAD!"

"PLEASE GIVE IN THEN!"

Kunikida strangled him harder.

I looked at Ranpo, "He broke a pen?"

"Kunikida's new one. An expensive design."

"Oh, poor Kunikida." I looked back at the two yelling blockheads. "Where is Akiko?" I called Yosano by her first name.

"A man got injured bad on a case I took yesterday. I told him he'd heal faster if he got a treatment from Yosano. I'm sure he's regretting it right now." Ranpo said as he pulled out a soda.

"Oh.. I wish him luck."

I sat down at my desk which was right beside Kunikida's. I opened my laptop as they fought.

"Oh, Kunikida." I spoke calmly.

He stopped strangling him and looked at me.

"I know a store near the Agency which sells pens. They have very nice ones for low prices."

He blinked twice before removing his hands from the suicidal maniac, "I appreciate it. Is it near your favorite flower shop?"

"Right across from it."

"Thank you."

I nodded and went back to work.

~Kunikida's Pov:~
I sat down at my desk beside Y/n's.

That's quite thoughtful of her.

Dazai was smirking at me.

I glared at him as he walked away, whistling.

I then glanced at Y/n.

...She's wearing more mascara than usual today.

She was focusing on her work.

Yosano had introduced her to makeup and she enjoyed wearing it a lot. I honestly hope she isn't insecure about her looks, because I think she looks pretty either way.

But still, she did a great job on her makeup today as she does everyday.

Over the years, Y/n adapted to the new surroundings around her very well. She loves stuffed animals, movies when someone dies makes her cry a river, she's a quick learner, animals love her without hesitation, and she can get along with almost anyone. If they don't like her and show rudeness to her, she is great at keeping her cool and making them feel like an idiot by telling them "It's not my problem you use your self hatred on me." It gets them everytime.

Her e/c eyes stayed focused on the laptop.

She was a quick typer. She learned to type like a professional in only a week and a half.

God, I love her..

I realized I was staring too long. I looked back at my own work.

~Y/n's Pov:~
I wonder if there are any cases today..

I looked through my agenda in my laptop.

...Oh, none for me.

I sighed when I realized I'd have to do a report for the last case that took place.

I began working.

~Time Skip~
I closed my laptop and noticed that everyone was out of the office.

I glanced at Kunikida's empty desk. I rolled my chair over to his drawer and opened it, grabbing where he kept his Ideal Notebook he put in there during his breaks in the cafe. I convinced him to do that so he could have a clearer mind. He said that it was a great idea.

But I only said that so I'd be alone with his notebook.

I opened it and flipped to his Ideal Woman page.

I stared at the pages, insecurity always going through my mind as I read the sentences.

But something at the bottom of the page always bothered me.

It seemed that a sentence had been there, but it was covered with ink.

I always wondered what that ink was hiding. I guess I'll never know.

I stared at the qualifications to be Kunikida's Ideals Woman.

I've tried everything... Losing weight even though Yosano says I was already skinny since I starved in alleyways before.. She encourages me to eat a lot.

I tried doing stuff with my hair to make it prettier..

I tried different things with my makeup.

I've even made a skincare routine so I'd look prettier.

I hate how I look so much. I wish I could be prettier.

For him.

I wiped a tear that was starting to form. I was grateful that my mascara was waterproof.

...But that'll never happen.

I sighed and closed the notebook. I put it back in the drawer and shut it.

I rolled back to my desk which was beside his.

What am I doing wrong?

What am I doing that doesn't make him see me the way I see him?

I let my face fall in the table and groaned.

~Time Skip~
"And I don't get it!" I shouted to Yosano as I paced my room, eating onigiri. "I've been doing everything I can! I've been as soft as I can be, I've been as cute as I can try to be! AND ALL I EVEN GET FROM HIM IS A "THANK YOU", A "GOOD JOB", OR A "GOOD MORNING, Y/N!""

"...Y/n, it's only a guy. Men are nothing to stress about-"

"KUNIKIDA IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LEVEL THAN A MAN! HE'S LIKE A DAMN LOVE PACK! HE'S GOT THE MOST HANDSOMEST FACE I'VE EVER SEEN, I DON'T GET WHY WOMEN SWOON OVER DAZAI! THEY SHOULD FALL FOR KUNIKIDA AS MUCH AS I DI WHEN HE HAS THAT DAMN CUTE FACE! HE IS A GENTLEMAN, YOSANO! GENTILHOMME!" I was angry, "S'il ne me voit pas comme je le vois, je vais pleurer à flots!" I shouted in French. "Bon Dieu!"

"Y-y/n. He is like any other guy. Don't worry about it. Also, you're stress eating again, hon."

"I'm not stressing!" I took a bite of the onigiri as I kept pacing the room, "I feel so unseen and unloved by him! It makes me want to cry and cry, but I can't cry in front of him!"

"Y/n." Yosano stood up and took the rice ball from my hands, "What am I about to tell you?"

"...If he doesn't see you at your worst and love you, then fuck him, and not literally.." I recited what she always told me whenever I vented to her about Kunikida.

"There we go. Now, go take a nice bath while I cook."

"..Thank you, Akiko."

"Anytime, love. Now go relax."

I sighed and walked to the bathroom.

"The bath bombs are in the drawers! I moved them from the cabinet."

"Thank you.." I shut the door behind me.