CHAPTER 19

"Nowadays luck is always on my side. I can't believe I'm about to end my two headaches in a matter of minutes", Scarlet said as she laughed. "You won't get away with this Scarlet, you'll pay for this", Chris said.  "Look at you, instead of saying your last words or prayers so that God might have mercy and accept you in heaven, you're making empty threats. Are you that dump?", Scarlet asked.
"This isn't over, you'll pay. Mark my words", Chris replied. "Oh very well, this timer is taking longer than expected. Won't it move any faster?. Every second it wastes gives this bastard the urge to talk.

Just then the second guy walked in. "My queen we have to leave now", He shouted. Scarlet removed her gloves and put them on the table. "What is wrong with you and why are you shouting?", Scarlet yelled back. "The police men are on their way coming", he replied. "What do you mean the police men are on their way coming?", Scarlet asked. "That must be Jane", Chris said to himself. Scarlet moved out and saw the siren heading for them.
"Oh no this is bad. We have to leave now!", She ordered. They all quickly headed for the exit.
"There's no where left to run Scarlet. Today you'll pay for all your crimes. Jane will also see what kind of person you are", Chris said.
"What!, Jane is coming too. No I cannot let them see me like this. It can't come down to this", Scarlet thought. She opened the door and headed out.
"Hang on mum, we'll be fine. Help is on the way", Chris said.

"Oh God I hope I'm not too late. I hope Chris is okay", Jane said as she tried to call Chris
"Are you sure it was a good idea to come along with us?, you could have let us do our job", the sheriff said . "Don't worry sheriff, I'll be fine. Let's just hurry now", Jane replied.

Scarlet hurried down the stairs as the sound of the siren approached nearer.
"Oh no. They're already here. What do I do now. I won't let them get me", She said

The cops surrounded the building within minutes of arriving.

"Whoever is in there, you're completely surrounded by the police, come quietly with your hands on your head else we'll be forced to open fire", the Sheriff yelled through the PA .

After a few minutes of waiting, the sheriff signaled his men to barge in.

Scarlet walked briskly down the cellar. It was so dark that she couldn't see anything
Just then a black pickup truck crashed through the walls creating an opening to the outside.

Scarlet got up from the impact a few moments later. After the dust cleared, she was finally able to make out the person standing near the truck. "RK?", Scarlet said. "Funny how I'm the very person to save you anytime you mess up", RK said. "Thank goodness you're hear RK. Let's hurry, the cops are coming", Scarlet said. "Relax Scarlet, what's with the rush. You've never feared anything in your life before so why start now. When we talked earlier today you sounded like you could do everything by your self. Now look at you. You have yourself stranded in the law. Any moment from now the cops will show up and all your suffering and effort will be in vain", King RK said.
"Listen to me RK, this is not the time to discuss all this. Let's get to safety first", Scarlet said.

"Sheriff! Over here!", the captain said. The sheriff together with Jane rushed to the  third floor.
"Oh no!", Jane gasped as she saw Chris. "Chris are you okay?", She asked as she tried to get close.
"No Jane stay back!. My mum is tied with heat censor bombs, the moment you get close it will detonate", Chris said.
"Oh God", Jane said as tears filled her eyes.

"This is Sheriff Gardon, requesting bomb squad at avenue six east central over", The sheriff signaled

"Hang on Chris, you'll be okay", Jane said.
The Sheriff moved closely to Chris. He careful untied him and separated him from Anna who was hosting the bomb.
"You're safe now young man. Now let's wait for the bomb squad to get here and neutralize this bomb", The Sheriff said.
Chris run to Jane and hugged her. "I'm so sorry I came late Chris", Jane said. "Don't worry Jane. And thank you for showing up", Chris replied.

"My d-dear", Anna stammered as she tried to talk. "No mum. Don't talk, save your energy. We'll get you out of the soon", Chris said.

........THE END
HERE'S THE PREVIEW
In the next chapter, RK succeeded in getting Scarlet out if the scene. He threatens Scarlet to be careful with him else he'll hand him over to the police.
The bomb squad arrive and are doing everything to save Anna...Anna tells Jane and Chris about Mara as the timer reached it final countdown.

NEXT TIME ON SPARKLING. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, FOLLOW AND ALSO LEAVE US A COMMENT ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT OUR STORY.