CHAPTER 10

Chris:: Love is indeed a funny thing. The ones we love also have the ones they love. Jane. I can't believe I let myself fall so hard for you. I thought we could defy the odds against us and be together. But I was wrong. There's no way a pointless person like me can be together with a goddess like her. It's time to wake up Chris! Wake up!.

"What's wrong princess?", prince George said as he looked at a shivering Jane. Jane turned without a word and run from the scene. "Jane!", he shouted after her.

Jane couldn't think straight as she run. "Oh no!. I can't believe I failed to see Chris", She said. She came to an abrupt stop when she got to the beach. The place looked deserted. There were pieces of flowers and broken bottle on the ground. "Oh no", Jane said as she covered her mouth. Tears flowed from her eyes as she looked on. "I can't believe I let him down". She felt her pockets for her phone but she couldn't find it. "I might have left it home", she said. "Should I go and see him now?. No it won't be a good idea. Let's wait till tomorrow morning", she said as she said as she turned to go home.

"Wake up Chris it's morning. You are not in good shape at all. What happened last  night?", Anna asked. "It's okay mum I don't want to talk about it", Chris said as he forced his way out of the bed. "Hmm son you don't look okay. You can tell me what the problem is". Chris sighed before speaking: "mum it's Jane. She didn't show up yesterday. It turns out she doesn't like me like you said. It was all a lie!", Chris yelled. "I'm so sorry my dear.....", Anna's phone started ringing .
she answered and put it on loudspeaker. "Hey you filthy peasant. Why are you late. If you don't get here in the next five minutes you're done for", Scarlet yelled through the phone. "Did you hear that Chris, I have to go", Anna said as she rushed out. Chris returned to his bed.

Jane was sitting anxiously at the door waiting for Chris to show up. She got up and saw Anna approaching, quickly she ran to meet her. "Anna where's Chris?", she asked. "I don't know what happened last night but my son is not in good shape at all. Maybe you should go see him", Anna replied. "Okay Anna thanks", she said as she headed down stairs.  

"It will be such a pleasure to have you here again King RK", Scarlet said as she spoke on the phone. "Oh don't mention it. Say hi to the prince for me". She hangs up and sees Jane moving out of the palace. "I'm very sure she's going to see that brat", Scarlet said. "I do hope what I did yesterday worked.

Jane walked briskly as she headed for Chris's house. When she got there, nobody was home. She knocked several times but no one came out. "Maybe he's at the beach", She said to herself. She closed the main gate and headed for the beach. When she got there, she saw him sitting on one of the parked canoes. When Chris saw her coming. He got up and turned to go. "No Chris please wait", Jane pleaded. "What now Jane. Haven't you done enough?", Chris asked. "I'm sorry Chris but please hear me out. Let me explain", Jane said. "There's nothing to explain. You already made it clear to me that you don't care about me and you're with your prince now. So what do you want from me again".

"Wait what are you saying. I don't know what you're talking about. I never said that", Jane said quite surprised. "Oh really?", Chris said as he brought his phone out and showed it to her. "How do you explain this?", Jane looked at the text message and gasped. "I never did that Chris please believe me. I'll never send that. You know all this while that I have been with you there's no way I could do such a thing. Please understand I beg you", Jane cried. "So if you didn't send this then who did", Chris asked. "I don't know, I don't know Chris. Yes I was with prince George last night but it was nothing. I only forgot to show up because I was so occupied that's all. I have nothing with him". "But you do like him don't you?. He's a prince and you're a princess. What better fits than this", Chris said. "If you know me well Chris then you'll know that I don't like people because of what they offer physically. I feel nothing for him. He's nothing like what I like. He's not you!".

There was a loud silence as the rains begun to rumble. The winds were blowing so fast that Jane could barely keep her hair off her face. "what did you just say?", Chris asked. "Yes Chris. I love you! . I really do"!

THANKS FOR BEING WITH US THROUGH THE TENTH CHAPTER. WE HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING OUR STORY. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOLLOW AND ALSO LEAVE US A COMMENT ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT OUR STORY. THE MOST COMMENTS AFTER EVERY 5 CHAPTERS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER 😊