CHAPTER 7

"Oh darling you're here", Scarlet said Jane entered. "We were just talking about you. Your friend here has something he'd like to tell you. Go ahead". Chris turned to look at Jane. "What's wrong Chris?",Jane asked as she moved forward. "No Jane, this isn't the right time. I know Scarlet is trying to push me into this but I won't fall for it. She knows Jane will reject me if I tell her. I have to think of something else. Think Chris think!", Chris said to himself. "You good?", Jane asked. "No.. I mean yeah sure",Chris replied as he cleared his throat. "I should probably get going now. I want to see mum. Excuse me ", with this Chris walked out of the room. "Oh Chris, I thought you were going to tell me you like me but I guess not. Nothing I do makes you like me like I do. Me and love don't get along I guess", Jane said to herself. "Darling don't be worried about that brat. You're going to become Queen Very soon and they'll all bow to you", Scarlet said.

"Mum", Chris said as he entered the Area. "Chris. You're okay. What did she do to you. I hope you're not hurt?",Anna said. "I'm okay mum", Chris replied. "I'm really sorry for what she did to you. I promise she's going to pay for it one day.". "It's okay my child I'm fine. Don't make a big deal out of this",Anna replied.

"Okay I'm off to perform some duties now. I'll be back in the evening", Scarlet said. "Okay mum",Jane replied. Scarlet opened the door and walked out. This time she hadn't dressed as a queen. She wore a long black trousers and a black jacket with a dark sunglasses. "No, I'll drive", Scarlet said to the driver as he tried to open the back door for her. She sat in the car and drove away.

"Is Chris still there Anna",Jane asked as she entered. "No my dear. He went back home",Anna replied. "Okay thanks",Jane replied as she turned to go. "Wait",Anna said as she walked to Jane. "Look my dear, I'm really sorry for how I treated you the other time. I didn't know My son really liked you...".   "Wait, what did you just say?", Jane cut Anna off before she could finish her sentence. "Did you just say Chris likes me?", Jane asked again. "Um.. yeah. Did he never mentioned it",Anna asked. "No he hasn't. All this while I thought he felt nothing for me. Thanks for letting me know Anna",Jane said as she run out. 

Scarlet drives through the next town. It was raining when she got there so she parked under a large garage till the rains were over. She continued her journey to the district psychiatric hospital. She got out of the car and walked straight to the reception. "I'm after Mara, the patient in room 106", She said. The lady led her to the room. "thank you", Scarlet said as she opened the door. When she went inside, there was a lady about her age but a little darker skinned than her sitting behind a piano. "Hello Mara", Scarlet said. The lady turned and looked at Scarlet with fear in her eyes. "No.. what are you doing here! .. please leave! Leave now!",the lady begun to scream. Scarlet draged her from the chair and threw her on the floor. "If you know what's good for you shut you mouth", Scarlet said. "I'm not here for games. I didn't descend all the way from my royal throne to this disgusting place for you to scream at me", Scarlet said. "You're a monster. You killed my husband. You killed Nigel!", "Nigel didn't have to die. He was so foolish to defend you. But it's all over now. He's dead and here you are mad in this disgusting place". "You will never win Scarlet. You'll pay for everything you've done to me and my family",Mara said. "You're pathetic.look at you. You're mad and you want to fight against me. You wanted me to sit back and watch a brat like you rule great Xander. There was no way I was going to allow an African to rule over me. You should be thankful enough because at least I've taken good care of your daughter. Jane is now a beautiful young woman and very soon she'll open the gates for me and I'll rule the world. "Jane,my Jane, where's she what have you done to her!",Mara asked. "Oh relax Mara, she's doing great. Just a minute let me show you her picture", Scarlet said as she pulled out her phone. "Here you go",she handed Mara the phone. "My daughter. My beautiful Jane", Mara cried . "Enough lady give me my phone", Scarlet said. "You haven't won here Scarlet. My daughter will come and save me", Mara said. "Believe what you want Mara, but the only reason your daughter is still alive is so I could kill her infront of you once she opens the gates for me. And the only reason you're still alive is to tell me where Nigel hid the evidence. Once you do that, you'll die too", Scarlet replied. "I'm not telling you anything. I'll never tell you where he hid it. And you can gather every genius on every planet and you still can't find it",Mara said. " Don't worry Mara, it's a matter of time", Scarlet said as she got up. "We'll meet again soon",she said as she closed the door. She then moves to the director's office. "Take this and increase the drugs on her. I don't want her to remember a thing", Scarlet said as she threw  bundles of money on the table. "As you wish My queen",the director replied.

Jane runs through the woods as she heads for Chris's house. She comes across a huge branch but didn't realize it and she trips on it but Chris catches her out of nowhere before she could fall down. "Are you okay Jane?",He asked. There was a long silence as Jane looks into his eyes