CHAPTER 11

"Was I dreaming or this is real. Jane had never lied to be before and I'm sure she's not starting with this. Did she really love me too"  , All this thoughts run through Chris's mind as he looked at a sobbing Jane. "Jane.. I'm so sorry. I never should have doubted you. But you didn't leave me with any other choice. You were with a prince and I'm the son of your palace maid. His chances of getting you was nothing compared to mine", Chris said slowly. "Listen Chris. I knew what I was doing perfectly well when I chose to love you. Love is not about how one's personality is, it's about how the other person perceives your friendship. I fell in love with your heart not your personality.  And there's nothing on earth that can separate us. Not even my mum", Jane replied as she held Chris's hand. "I love you too Jane and there's nothing that will stop me from loving you", Chris also replied. They hug tightly as the rain gets intense.

"Where's Jane?, she had never been this long outside. And it's raining too", Scarlet said as she went up and down. She finally calms down and walks back to her secret room in her library. "This is taking longer than expected. I need to get Jane to be Queen as soon as possible. I need to open that gates", she said.
"At least I've been able to get rid of one of my problems. I've separated her from that little brat. He won't get in my way anymore. Now I have to find a way to speed up the coronation process.

Scarlet walks out of the room and makes her way to the corridor. Chris and Jane came walking through the door. Scarlet looked on in horror as she couldn't believe her eyes. "What are you doing in my house you bastard", She yelled. "Stop it mom", Jane said as she stepped in way. "there's something I need to tell you mom. I don't want you to address Chris that way again", Jane said. "And why shouldn't I?, is that not what he is after all?", Scarlet replied furiously. "No mum he's "...... Chris cut her off before she could finish. "It's okay your highness. I just brought your daughter home and nothing else. I'll leave immediately", Chris said as he turned to go. When he go to the gate he turned and looked at them one more time before closing the door.

"What's going on between you two?", Scarlet asked. "Don't tell me you have any relationship with him for Christ sake. You're a Queen Jane, and he's your subject. You have to know your boundaries. What will your people say if they see the queen hanging out with a town rat like him!".  "That's enough mum! , I'll not stand by and watch you talk about Chris that way. I never said I want to be Queen. I'm only doing it because you asked me to so if you want things to be that way learn to be nice to Chris", Jane said as she walked away. "Don't walk away from me Jane", Scarlet said as Jane banged the door. "This girl is really getting on my nerves. I have to get rid of her soon", Scarlet said.

Anna is in the market getting some foodstuffs for her house. She comes across a local shop at the other end of the market. She approached the fat tall woman who was sitting behind the foodstuffs. "Good afternoon my friend", She said politely. The woman also responded in a nice way. "What can I get you?",She asked. "I'd like some tomatoes and some spring onions", Anna replied.
As the woman was getting the items, her eyes caught the shinny ring on Anna's finger. "Excuse me ma'am, can I ask you where you got that ring", the woman asked. "Oh it belongs to my grandma. She gave it to me", Anna replied. "Your grandma?. Is she Called Auntie Naa?", the woman asked. "Yeah she is, how did you know her?", Anna asked. "I know her very well. I recognized the symbol on your ring as her own. I'm also from Africa. I just arrived two weeks ago", she said. "oh really. That's so great. I've not actually met another person from Africa since I got here", Anna replied. "Oh okay. But it's so sad she passed away ", The woman said. "what do you mean she passed away?", Anna asked . "Oh you haven't heard?. Auntie Naa kicked the bucket about a month ago", The woman said. "That's impossible. How come I never heard?. Nobody told me", Anna replied. "Oh I'm really sorry. Maybe they just couldn't reach you". "This is really bad", Anna said as she wept. "I must go home as soon as possible", She said as she gathered the foodstuffs into her basket.

"I can't believe Jane and I are finally together", Chris said as he headed home. "I know things won't be easy. Especially now that the queen is in my way. I have to act smart and vigilant. The queen can do anything. I have to be ready. I'll do anything to protect her and my mum".

Chris sees Anna approaching. "Hey mum, why the long face?", He asked as he got closer.
"Pack your bags my son, we're moving to Africa", Anna said. ......

_______THE END_________