❄️Promise❄️

Ava's P.O.V

Standing at my locker I felt weird not because strangely I was actually alone which could be easily explained. Bentley and the boys had an emergency meeting related to football and well Stacey wasn't here yet. Most likely she got up late or she'll just have the strangest reason for coming to school late which she enjoyed explaining. "Morning." Her voice chirped. "Well isn't someone happy this morning." I said greeting Stacey. "Yeah I got me some chicken nuggets." She said a huge smile taking over her features. "You had chicken nuggets for breakfast that's so gross." I said feeling a bit whizzy just by the thought itself. "Don't knock it till you try it Ava." She said throwing a wink my way. Turning away from my crazy friend I started grabbing the stuff I would need for the first half of the day although I'm pretty sure we weren't going to be doing much in class this week. "Oh. My.God she's huge." I heard Stacey comment on something behind me while she stuffed her mouth with skittles. Who on earth eats skittles and chicken nuggets for breakfast?

Turning around the only thing I saw was Gia. She was in our grade although we had no classes together shockingly I knew her name. "She's just pregnant Stacey." I said protectively. Gia was about eight months along I'm guessing. Sighing at the thought of me being that big in a few months myself. "Uh Ava people only lie to pregnant women telling them that they aren't fat when really they are but that's not the sad part. She has no future she's going to prom fat that's if she goes at all. She doesn't even know who the father of the child is. While all of us are going about our lives being young she's going to be a mom which is really dumb if you ask me." She ranted. All the while I just stood there stunned I never knew she thought about pregnancy or should I say teenage pregnancy like that. And although she didn't know it yet she was talking about me unknowingly. That's what people from the outside looking in see just another stereotype. My vision became blurry and a lump formed in my throat. Quickly closing my locker, "I gotta go I'll catch up with you." I said before hurriedly walking down the hallway. The walls seemed to be closing in on me while the urge to puke got worse as I walked down the hallways.

Bursting into the bathroom I quickly ran into a stall emptying the contents of my stomach. "Are you okay?" A small voice with a slight Spanish accent asked causing me to freeze. Turning around I was meet with the warmest brown eyes I have ever seen. Offering me her hand she helped me up. "Thank you Gia." I said with a small smile before I walked over to the sink to wash out the disgusting taste of bile out my mouth. "You know my name?" She asked a bit shocked. "Yeah I do I heard it around school I guess." I explained while trying to remember how exactly I knew her name. "Oh of course but they normally stick to calling me 'the pregnant girl'."She said before looking down while playing with the hem of her maternity shirt. "Oh no no. I meant that I heard it among teachers you're really smart they speak of you highly." I explained clarifying our little misunderstanding. "That was before this little lady came into the picture." She said while laughing and rubbing her swollen tummy. "You are still smart being pregnant doesn't change anything especially not that." I said not sure who I was trying to comfort her or myself. Maybe both.

"Aren't you sweet. I thought you popular girls are supposed to be all mean and bitchy." She stated which caused me to snort. Very unladylike I know. "Me popular? I'm the furthest thing from." I said while still laughing. "Alla is it?" She asked. "Ava." I corrected her. "Ava you're dating the star quarterback slash richest kid whose father practically owns the place. I think that kinda qualifies you to be popular." She clarified. "I don't really care about that honestly." I said honestly. "Good, I could...," her sentence was cut off by the bell ringing. "I gotta go I'll see you around I guess hope you feel better." She said before leaving the bathroom. After washing my mouth out once more I just stood there staring at my reflection when I snapped out my little trance I left the washroom. The corridors were completely clear which only meant that I was late for first period. While walking down the lonely corridor the feeling returned worst than before it was actually unnerving and spooky at the same time. The sound of my ringtone caused me to jump almost having a heart attack.