❄️Rethink❄️

Bentley's P.O.V

Exactly three hours ago I watched as they lowered my Mother's body into the ground. Surrounded by family and friends the majority of whom were never there for her when she needed them the most. "Ben people are asking for you."Barbra said softly. "I don't want to be around people right now." I admitted my voice thick with emotion. "Okay I understand." She said before leaving the room.

Death is a part of life. Its inevitable yet I always thought I had just a little while longer. More time to see her smile, hear her laugh but my time expired without a warning, without a proper goodbye. Throwing myself back onto my bed I just laid there. Emotionless, I had no more tears to shed which is a good thing. "I heard you didn't want to be around people good thing I'm not a person right?" A familiar voice said. Leah. From her red hair to her captivating blue eyes she has always been beautiful but that was when we were little. Now six years later she matured and is now even more beautiful than before which I didn't even think that was possible.

"Hey Leah." I said a small smile grazing my lips. The first time I smiled actually since it happened I just locked myself away only coming out to attend the horrible funeral. "And I made him smile!" She mocked cheered. "You've always had that effect." I said climbing out of bed. The black shirt I wore to the funeral buttoned all the way down gave a good view of my abs, my suit pants hung loosely on my hips showing off my defined 'V'. Leah's eyes greedily drank up what laid before her causing me to sigh. "Why why Benny haven't you grown." She said while licking her lips. You see though Leah and I grew up together she was also my first everything and we have never been able to properly set bounries. I guess being the guy I was back then there was no need to. Humming a reply I walked over to my closet to change. "I'm really sorry about aunt Haile." She said from my room. "Yeah." I answered back after changing into my black Adidas three quarter track pants and a black t- shirt.

"So what's new with you? I heard you're taking over the company in a few weeks." She said excitedly. It's funny because she sounded more excited about it than me. I was only doing it because it was my mother's wish. "Yeah I guess." I said halfheartedly. "Bentley I get that you're sad that you lost her but I knew aunt Haile and I know for a fact that she would never want you to be depressed about it. You haven't completely lost her a piece of her is still with you." She said before hugging me. What she said was completely true but it's easier said than done. My mother was my entire world and now that she's gone a part of me feels dead. "Your step mom though." She sighed with a pained expression on her face.

"God I know." I said while laughing. Leah has always had the ability to cheer me up. "That is the ugliest black dress I have ever seen. How old is she like 19?" She asked before we both started laughing. We think alike which was always a plus when hanging out with her.

🐾🐾🐾

Ava's P.O.V

"Do you know where Bentley is?" I asked Ryan as we walked into Bentley's house which was packed with family and friends of their family after the funeral earlier today. I know that he was there but I didn't see him. In fact the last time I saw Bentley was three days ago before all of this happened. "No but Barbra said he doesn't want to be around anyone. He just needs space I guess."Jake inputted. Entering the house it was littered with people all adorned in very expensive black clothing while they all chatted with each other in small clusters.

I felt extremely under-dressed in a simple lace knee length dress which I had to go to the mall and buy because none of my dresses fit me properly. I knew that during pregnancy you gained weight but I never expected that you gain it that quickly though I'm currently convincing myself that it's all in my mind and I am not as fat as I think I am. "Ava you want anything to drink or eat?" Ryan asked. "No thank you." I answered turning around they all disappeared leaving me alone in a sea of complete strangers. Choosing to stay put I just looked around hoping I'd spot Stacey or Ryan. "Excuse me but could you hang my coat please and while you're at it I'd like a glass of champagne." A mature lady who looked as though she stuffed herself into her tight dress ordered. "Oh sorry I don't work here." I said politely. " Are you sure?" She asked looking surprised .