Chapter 73: "Tonight, you're coming home with me."

As Chen Xiang said, Qi Xi quickly understood why this was a good opportunity for divorce.

With solid evidence in hand and a clear understanding of the movement of marital assets, Gu Xuehan, acting as Chen Xiang's lawyer, negotiated the divorce with Ai Xiang. They had the upper hand in the negotiation, and Ai Xiang had nothing to deny. It seemed that he also welcomed the divorce. As a result, the property division agreement was smoothly settled, giving more marital assets than Qi Xi had anticipated. After passing the cooling-off period for divorce, they proceeded to register their agreement for divorce at the civil affairs bureau.

"He was eager to marry my junior sister. She is pregnant now, using the child as leverage to force the divorce. Ai Xiang is even more anxious than I am, so he can't wait to get divorced. By bringing it up now, I'm playing right into his hands."

However, Qi Xi was still somewhat puzzled by Chen Xiang's explanation. "But even if he's in a hurry, most men wouldn't easily give up on money. Would he willingly let go of so many marital assets?"

To this, Chen Xiang sneered sarcastically. "Because men are more prone to being fickle. Ai Xiang probably doesn't even remember who he is now. Because of the great success of 'Feng Xian,' the price of his intellectual property rights soared for a while. Do you remember the novel he was serializing at that time? It was called 'With the Wolf,' and it initially sold for five million. Later, he insisted on breaking the contract and selling it again. Despite paying a breach of contract penalty, he earned an additional fourteen million. But the company that bought the IP for twenty million was completely ignorant in the field, without a professional team behind it. It was just a coal boss who was hoodwinked into investing in the film and television industry. The IP for 'With the Wolf' ended up with that company, and there was no progress for half a year."

"That company's team consisted of scammers who lacked professional skills but were good at hyping things up. Ai Xiang was already quite full of himself because of 'Feng Xian,' and the other party kept praising him, fooling him into signing an exclusive contract for his rights for the next ten years. Now that company is probably empty, engaging in nothing more than reselling rights to make a profit."

Chen Xiang wore an expression of "serves him right" and calmly explained, "Not only that, Ai Xiang believed that 'With the Wolf' could replicate the success of 'Feng Xian,' so he eagerly became a shareholder in that company. According to the information I obtained, the company also invested in many other projects and even entered into gambling agreements. Due to their lack of professionalism, they squandered money recklessly. I heard that several of their projects cannot settle the final payments and will likely face lawsuits next month. At that time, even as a shareholder, Ai Xiang won't be able to escape."

At this point, Chen Xiang finally revealed a faint smile as she looked at Qi Xi. "His remaining intellectual properties probably won't be developed anymore. Even if 'Feng Xian' continues to be popular, how many more years can it generate profits? Can it sustain him for a lifetime? New authors are emerging constantly, and he is not irreplaceable nor has he reached the level of a legendary figure. Now his intellectual property is tied to that company, which means Ai Xiang as an author no longer possesses any development value. The significance of his IP has been lost. Can he still make money? Not only does he lack the funds, but he also lacks the intelligence to invest and insists on investing in an unfamiliar field, only to incur losses. This kind of man has neither talent nor wisdom, no future or prospects—only debt. What can he possibly do?"

As Chen Xiang spoke, Qi Xi understood completely. She had indeed chosen a good timing for divorce. It was like a bubble. At this moment, Ai Xiang was probably still enjoying the illusory prosperity that comes with reaching the peak of the bubble. He had no awareness of the potential dangers lurking in the future. He only saw boundless prospects ahead, believing that he could earn hundreds of times more money than he does now. That's why when Chen Xiang proposed the divorce, he readily agreed without realizing the storm he would soon face. In no time, he would fall from the peak to the bottom, left with nothing but debt. On the other hand, Chen Xiang, who had already divided the majority of the assets, could walk away unscathed, completely detached from his future debts.