Chapter 34: "Even with scars, you're still beautiful."

Gu Yan didn't choose a high-end or expensive place to eat. He simply chose a nearby casual restaurant near the legal aid center and ordered a few common dishes.

On their way to the restaurant, it seemed like Gu Yan was very concerned about the injury on Qi Xi's hand. Even though she reassured him multiple times that it wasn't a big deal, just a little scalding from hot water, Gu Yan still seemed to care a lot.

"Do you want me to take you to the hospital?" He was obsessively attentive to Qi Xi's scalded wound, to the point of having some compulsive behavior, insisting that she should seek medical attention.

It was only when Qi Xi had to roll up her sleeve to let him personally inspect the wound that Gu Yan finally saw for himself and stopped emphasizing going to the hospital.

Although there was still some redness, there were no blisters on the scalded area. It was just occasionally a bit sore when Qi Xi touched it herself.

Before the food was served, Qi Xi took out the iodine and burn ointment that Green Hair had just given her to further treat her wound. However, just as she took out the bag, Gu Yan snatched it away.

Qi Xi was a bit perplexed. "What's wrong?"

"Don't use that."

?

Before Qi Xi could ask, Gu Yan pursed his lips and threw another bag towards her in her arms. He calmly said, "Use this."

What's this all about...

Qi Xi, feeling somewhat puzzled, opened the bag Gu Yan had thrown to her and found that it also contained iodine and burn ointment.

?

Gu Yan cleared his throat and reluctantly explained, "I happened to see a pharmacy on the way here, so I bought it."

Gu Yan's attitude was natural and smooth. Qi Xi knew that he was genuinely a very good person.

It was just a bag of iodine and burn ointment, but Qi Xi was still very happy. "Did you see my post on Moments? I thought you didn't notice because you didn't leave a comment."

Gu Yan glanced at Qi Xi, then lowered his gaze. "You don't lack people leaving comments for you. Every time you post something, don't you get a bunch of guys liking it? What's the point of me joining in?"

He was right in saying so, but those guys weren't Gu Yan.

Qi Xi felt a bit wronged, but at the same time, she felt like she had no reason to be wronged.

Gu Yan's tone sounded calm, probably just a casual remark.

Qi Xi didn't dwell on the question any further because she quickly had a new question. "The burn ointment that the green-haired guy gave me is the same as yours, isn't it? Why do we have to use yours and not his?"

Clearly, even the brand of the burn ointment was identical.

"He is the perpetrator's brother. Do you really believe what he says? Who knows if the medicine he bought is reliable." Gu Yan frowned slightly, appearing a bit unhappy. "Even if the items are the same, would you choose his or mine if you had to choose?"

Qi Xi had actually noticed that Gu Yan sometimes had a bit of a childish temper, often having various random insistences and stubbornness. Just like a cat, it was better to stroke him in the direction of his fur.

She immediately surrendered, saying, "I choose you, of course."

Gu Yan's face did indeed show a reluctant satisfaction, and he cleared his throat. "Do you want me to help you disinfect?"