Chapter 17 Gu Yan's white moonlight, what kind of contemporary...

"Anyway, I want to play the female hooligan!" Qi Xi asserted confidently. "Why should women always be passive victims? I want to go against the grain and portray a perpetrator. Playing such an antagonist would challenge my acting skills and showcase my talent even more!"

Due to Qi Xi's persistence, Gu Yan eventually had to agree to her plan. However, before confirming his decision, he reiterated his concerns to Qi Xi.

"Do you know the potential impact it might have on you once it airs?" Gu Yan paused and advised, "Although it's just an educational video, many internet users are irrational. Insults directed at you might escalate, and your personal information could be exposed or even lead to harassment."

Qi Xi didn't take it seriously and shrugged, "It won't be that bad. You're probably overthinking it."

Gu Yan pursed his lips and said, "I'm not overthinking. It's something that could actually happen." His calm and composed eyes met Qi Xi's, then he lowered his gaze. "Qi Xi, what I mentioned earlier are the things you might face after the educational video is released."

Gu Yan's tone remained steady, without any hint of blame. However, Qi Xi suddenly realized something.

Why was Gu Yan so certain that she would actually face those consequences?

Was it because of the video from her graduation ceremony? Although Qi Xi had reported and deleted all the links she came across, it had still spread to some extent. Just that level of exposure had already affected Gu Yan, hadn't it?

Throughout this incident, Gu Yan never blamed or brought it up, nor did he use it to ask anything of Qi Xi. However, Qi Xi felt even more guilty and distressed. It further strengthened her conviction to play the antagonist role.

If it would cause the kind of impact Gu Yan mentioned, she couldn't let him go through it again. She needed to empathize with what he had experienced.

Therefore, Qi Xi made a firm decision almost without hesitation. She displayed unwavering determination and declared, "Regardless, I'll play the role!"

**

On one hand, Qi Xi finally succeeded in obtaining the role of the "female hooligan" and began making revisions to the script. On the other hand, Cheng Junliang received feedback from his supervising lawyer after communicating with him.

His supervising lawyer, just like Gu Xuehan, disagreed with Cheng Junliang's previous attempt to evade responsibility for losing the original promissory note.

"Now, my supervising lawyer agrees that he had a responsibility to remind me at that time, so he's willing to compensate me with his lawyer's insurance," Cheng Junliang said, visibly relieved. "But he also said that although I admit my mistake in losing the original document, I shouldn't just lie down and let Lu Juan blackmail me. Regarding Lu Juan, my supervising lawyer wants me to find a solution myself, whether it's through communication or finding evidence to prove the existence of the 120,000 debt between her and her ex-boyfriend. In short, my supervising lawyer wants me to make an effort rather than relying solely on his insurance to bail me out."

Cheng Junliang paused and continued, "He said that even though I'm an intern lawyer, I should live up to the two words 'lawyer' and do everything possible to solve the mess I created due to my carelessness."

Gu Xuehan wasn't surprised by this outcome. She took a sip of tea and said, "He's right. You created this mess, so you should clean it up. Learn to take responsibility for your mistakes. It's not just a lesson for you; it's also an opportunity for growth."

Feeling nervous about facing Lu Juan, Cheng Junliang asked, "But can I handle it alone?"

Gu Xuehan smiled and looked at Qu Xi and Gu Yan. "How about this? I'll lend Qu Xi and Gu Yan to you as classmates to help you. 'Three ignorant cobblers surpass the cleverest master.' Surely the three of you can come up with a solution to deal with Lu Juan, right?"