Chapter 57 "Because I miss you too..."

In the hesitant gaze of the taxi driver, Qi Xi forced a smile and said, "It's my dad's car, I want to surprise him."

The driver didn't ask any more questions but instead started talking about his own daughter. "You young people these days, you like doing things like this. My daughter didn't contact me for a few days, and suddenly she came back from her boarding school, saying she wanted to surprise me for my birthday..."

While the driver was enthusiastic, Qi Xi had lost all interest in the conversation. Her eyes were fixed on Qi Ruiming's car, and her mind was filled with confusion and anxiety. She nervously sent a message to Zhao Yiran, informing her that something had come up and she would be back later, asking her to wait in the coffee shop.

Qi Xi absentmindedly sent the message and didn't even check Zhao Yiran's reply. She felt incredibly torn and helpless. Her father's strange behavior made her wonder if he was really having an affair. If that were true, what would she do? What about her mother?

In this state of torment and unease, Qi Xi watched as the taxi driver followed her father's car. She kept peeking out and found some comfort in the fact that there didn't appear to be anyone else in Qi Ruiming's car.

Her father indeed had no intention of returning home. He drove straight to the city's most upscale commercial district and found a parking spot on the luxury goods street.

Qi Xi quickly paid the taxi fare and got out of the cab.

This time, Qi Xi confirmed once again that there was indeed no one else in Qi Ruiming's car. Fortunately, it was raining, and Qi Ruiming took an umbrella from the trunk, shielding his view from behind, so he didn't notice Qi Xi sneakingly following him.

Qi Xi watched as her father walked into the Hermès store. There were no other customers in the store, and if she rushed in, it would be too conspicuous and might blow her cover. Fortunately, the Hermès store had large and transparent windows, and her father didn't seem to be shopping inside; it appeared as though he was just picking up something that had been pre-arranged.

Qi Xi observed as the salesperson greeted her father, and then she took a bag from the display counter. To inspect it on the spot, the salesperson immediately opened the dust bag and displayed various details of the bag to Qi Xi's father. Qi Ruiming only took a brief look, nodded, and then Qi Xi watched as he readily paid for the purchase.

Qi Xi wasn't a luxury-oriented person, and she had never bought bags from luxury brands. However, this didn't prevent her from having some understanding of Hermès. Hermès bags were notoriously difficult to acquire, especially rare and special editions. Buying a bag often required placing orders with certain ratios for allocation, and due to the long order cycles, many bags in stock were priced at two to three times or even more than their original prices.

Qi Xi didn't know the specific style of the Hermès bag her father had taken, so she could only watch and wait for her father to leave with the bag.

Qi Ruiming appeared to be in high spirits. He placed the Hermès shopping bag in the trunk of his car but didn't immediately head home. Instead, he continued walking along the street. Qi Xi followed him in the rain, keeping her distance until she saw him enter a flower shop. He bought a bouquet of flowers there and then proceeded to a nearby dessert shop.

After making these purchases, Qi Ruiming finally returned to his car, started it, and drove away. Qi Xi was feeling anxious, and by now, the rain had become quite heavy. She was drenched, looking like a bedraggled mess. She shivered in the cold wind, but she paid no attention to her external discomfort. Qi Xi found a sheltered spot in a storefront and stubbornly began browsing various Hermès bags online.