Chapter 65 : In this battle, she was determined to win.

Ready to go, the next morning, just after Qi Xi's dad went to the airport, Xi Wen sent over the suspiciously organized photos of invoices and the selected information from the dashcam.

Qi Rui Ming not only cheated, but also had a son of about ten years old. This was originally a shocking blow, and Qi Xi did suffer a night of sleepless agony because of it. Apart from the pain, seeking justice for her mother, punishing the one who violated the marital contract, became Qi Xi's driving force.

Even without a good night's sleep, she was like someone injected with chicken blood at this moment, with clear thinking and an active mind.

Gu Yan, on the other hand, stayed with Qi Xi throughout, naturally joining her in sifting through the information from the receipts. Both were fully dedicated, and the efficiency of their work was exceptionally high. Soon, they identified the suspicious business district—over the past half year, Qi Rui Ming, despite living far from home and their law firm, had been dining in the CBD area of the southern part of the city twice a week.

"So, my dad probably bought or rented a house for the mistress in this area." Qi Xi circled an area on the city map of Rong City's southern district. "The mistress's child is about ten years old, and she left her job around ten years ago, shortly after Qi Ming, my dad, did. I speculate that she became pregnant at that time and resigned hastily to nurture and give birth to the child. After all, waiting until the belly grows bigger is likely to expose the situation. It's also possible that she found out the child was a boy through acquaintances. Considering my dad's preference for boys over girls, he probably became ecstatic upon learning it was a son, which is why he let Wang Juan keep the child. If it had been a girl, according to my dad's character, he would likely have paid money to have her get rid of it early."

Gu Yan nodded. "The mistress likely seized the opportunity of having a son to take the initiative and negotiate terms with your dad. So, if it involves property and a car, the negotiations should have taken place before the child was born. After all, your dad was desperate for a son, and threatening to abort if demands weren't met would have been effective."

Qi Xi thought along the same lines. Wang Juan evidently used improper means to take a shortcut. It's highly unlikely that she engaged with her dad for love. Instead, she seemed unwilling to put in effort and aimed to experience a "wealthy and beautiful" lifestyle. She was clearly a materialistic woman who probably wouldn't agree to renting a house; she likely demanded Qi Rui Ming to buy one.

So...

"Can we check which neighborhoods were considered good around ten years ago?"

With this goal in mind, Qi Xi narrowed down the surrounding neighborhoods, circling a few scattered ones.

Although Xi Wen also sent Qi Rui Ming's navigation information and dashcam records, Qi Rui Ming, being a lawyer himself, had evidently developed a habit of regularly deleting records over the years. However, when a person does something, no matter how small, there will always be evidence left behind.

Using the restaurant addresses from the invoices to narrow down the search for neighborhoods, combined with scattered dashcam records and navigation residue, Qi Xi quickly identified the only neighborhood that met the criteria.

On the second-hand housing website, Qi Xi could find that this neighborhood was considered relatively upscale around ten years ago, consisting of small detached houses. At that time, the prices were over a million. Over the past decade, with the surge in real estate prices, the current average price per unit had reached around six million.

Although the requests for repayment on WeChat seemed justified, the main asset was the property. To file a lawsuit for the return of marital property, Qi Xi needed to precisely know the address of Wang Juan's property. Additionally, she needed evidence proving that the funds came from Qi Rui Ming or proving Wang Juan's involvement in the misappropriation of marital assets.