Chapter 71 : Stolen Goods

Qi Ruiming didn't make Qi Xi and Xi Wen wait too long. One day later, he called Qi Xi and agreed to the divorce agreement, accepting the property division proposed by Xi Wen's side.

"Xixi, Dad has thought about it calmly. Dad was indeed wrong in this matter, taking this step was a mistake. But in a marriage, it's not entirely the fault of one party. Your mom and I have both made mistakes in the process of adjusting to each other. Now let's each take a step back, part amicably. I think your point is reasonable. I was not fair in doing this, so I also agree to give the house to you and your mom, and I'll keep the store."

After all the preamble, Qi Ruiming got straight to the point, "But Dad hopes that this matter ends here. After all, we are still a family. Although I did something like this, I never wanted to divorce your mom. It's just respecting your mom's decision. In my heart, she is still my only wife, and you are the most important daughter to me. We are family."

"Liang Liang is also a pitiful child. Dad chose to hide his identity from him to avoid hurting you and your mom. He's like any other child, not seeing his father often in a week. He is also ten years old, not a child who understands nothing. He has suffered for his identity, but it's not his fault. It's Dad's fault. He is the one Dad feels the most sorry for in his life. So, Xixi, even if you can't treat him as a brother, at least don't hurt him, okay?"

Qi Xi was no longer willing to indulge in empty promises with Qi Ruiming. "As long as you cooperate with the divorce, quietly go through the cooling-off period, and wait for the divorce registration to be finalized, I have no interest in dealing with your son, nor do I want to interfere in your life. Whether you have another son in the future, remarry with Wang Juan or Li Juan, it's none of my concern. Whether you live happily or suffer, you bear it on your own. Don't come to disturb me, and from now on, let's keep our distance."

Upon hearing Qi Xi's assurances, Qi Ruiming's emotions immediately softened. "Xixi, Dad will never look for someone else in the future. Dad will only seek redemption for the mistakes of the past. For an old man to raise a ten-year-old boy, guiding him until he's eighteen, that's Dad's responsibility. After Dad loses you and Mom, he can only grow old in loneliness..."

Qi Xi endured the nauseating lies from Qi Ruiming, listened to his dramatic falsehoods, and, once the appointment to file for divorce at the Civil Affairs Bureau was confirmed, she communicated and modified some small details in the divorce agreement. Only then did she finally hang up the phone, feeling relieved.

She shared this news with her mom, Gu Yan, and Gu Xuehan, and everyone was elated.

Perhaps because Qi Ruiming couldn't grasp the depths of Qi Xi's knowledge about him, or maybe he genuinely had hidden assets, eager to expedite the divorce and continue transferring properties, the subsequent divorce procedures surprisingly went very smoothly.

Within the scheduled timeframe, Xi Wen and Qi Ruiming finally met to submit their divorce application.

After the one-month cooling-off period, the two, under the supervision of civil affairs bureau staff, signed the divorce agreement on the spot, submitted all the required documents, and received their divorce certificates.

Despite being mentally prepared, Xi Wen couldn't help but cry during these two encounters with Qi Ruiming.

More love and marriage were now consigned to oblivion, lost forever.

The photo on their marriage certificate still displayed happy faces, still depicted the two of them. However, on the divorce certificate, only...

Left alone, a solitary figure.

Although Qi Xi's mom displayed unwavering determination and exhibited astonishing strength throughout the process of gathering evidence, her heart was forever marred by immense pain. Xi Wen, originally gentle and refined, seemed to have withered and fallen apart within the short span of a month, as if a once blooming rose had endured a violent storm overnight.