Chapter 29: "But You Are You."

Shy and awkward as he may be, Gu Yan returned to his usual calm, composed, and mature demeanor as soon as he stepped into the classroom of the Law School.

Gu Xuehan was very punctual with her timing. Her explanation about the career path of a lawyer and the related planning was well-structured. She began by discussing personal development and societal needs, and then delved into the different areas of litigation and non-litigation, providing a thorough understanding of her interpretation of the legal profession.

Confident, beautiful, and exuding a sense of professional maturity, Gu Xuehan had become the object of admiration for all the junior students. Her presentation ended within an all-too-short half an hour. Apologizing for the conflict in her schedule, she gracefully bid farewell and left.

Next, it was Gu Yan and Qi Xi's turn.

This time, the entire senior class of the Law School gathered to attend the lecture, so the lecture hall was filled to capacity. Qi Xi had spent a lot of time in this lecture hall, attending various classes, but it was her first time standing at the podium, looking down at the sea of faces.

While the atmosphere was still relatively quiet during Gu Xuehan's presentation, now that she had left and it was Gu Yan's turn to take the stage, a slight commotion could be felt in the room.

Some girls playfully pushed each other and giggled, whispering to one another, while others covertly raised their phones, thinking they were being discreetly taking pictures of Gu Yan.

Qi Xi turned her head to glance at Gu Yan, who was earnestly explaining the details of the competitive law firm. The sunlight from the window cast occasional shifting shadows on his cheek. Gu Yan was tall and dressed less formally than when he appeared in court, but not too casually either. It struck a perfect balance, exuding an elite distance while still allowing people to feel they could approach him. It seemed as if he was enticing people to explore the gentleness hidden deep within him, although it couldn't be certain whether he possessed it or not. Nevertheless, Gu Yan's appearance alone was convincing enough, making people want to take risks and go all-in for him.

At this moment, Gu Yan's expression remained calm. Although he hadn't prepared much for the presentation, he spoke fluently, giving off an unintentionally convincing demeanor.

Gu Yan had a pleasant voice, and Qi Xi found herself enjoying listening to him as if she could listen to him indefinitely.

She looked at the young faces in the lecture hall, filled with admiration and adoration for Gu Yan, and she could completely understand their feelings. However, understanding didn't necessarily mean she was happy or pleased with the situation.

Qi Xi felt a little stifled in her heart.

By now, the Q&A session had started, and Gu Yan's expression was still plain but carried a serene warmth.

One by one, junior students asked about the details they should pay attention to when transitioning from being a student to a professional in the legal field, and Gu Yan patiently provided answers.

"While in law school, it's relatively important to focus on grasping theoretical knowledge. However, when entering a law firm, besides having a certain distance between practical legal work and theory, it's also important to pay attention to interpersonal communication and how to interact with clients."

"The same words, when said in different ways, yield different effects. Each client has their own temperament and personality, so understanding how to observe and comprehend their needs, and explaining what we can do for them from their perspective, based on their knowledge structure, is a crucial skill."