Chapter 14 "Gu Yan Daquan", sincerely do not deceive me! ! ...

After Gu Yan "confessed," Gu Xuehan quickly assigned Qixi to other tasks and asked her to leave the office, leaving Gu Yan behind for further scolding.

Qixi anxiously waited outside the office for half an hour before seeing Gu Yan come out.

During that half hour, Qixi edited contracts while feeling immense guilt, embarrassment, and self-disdain. She realized her own shortsightedness and foolishness, thinking she was clever by using her legal knowledge to exploit loopholes and help Cheng Junliang escape the situation. However, after listening to Gu Xuehan's analysis, she realized her own stupidity.

What made her even more guilty was that she let Gu Yan take the blame for her.

The person who willingly took the blame remained calm. Faced with Qixi's constant inquiries and concern, Gu Yan not only didn't claim credit but didn't even show any reaction. This only made Qixi feel even more guilty.

"You should have exposed me earlier," Qixi said.

"Expose you and let my sister scold you?" Gu Yan glanced at Qixi, then looked away and returned his gaze to the computer as if he were busy replying to emails. "My sister's scolding is unbearable for someone like you with your personality. If you were to cry and have a breakdown from being scolded, who would handle the team's work?"

"You don't need to thank me so cautiously. I'm not that great. I just find it troublesome. I dislike it when people cry, and I don't want to comfort others. I also don't want someone's emotional fluctuations to affect the team's work."

Gu Yan's voice remained calm and composed. "Moreover, regarding this plan, I did think about it and even silently approved it. I didn't stop you from communicating with Cheng Junliang. So, it's not unjust for me to be scolded by my sister."

While he said that, Qixi couldn't help but feel a bit dissatisfied. "I'm not as fragile as you think. If it's true that my thinking was incomplete and immature, I will humbly accept Gu Lawyer's scolding. I won't cry at the drop of a hat."

Qixi thought for a moment and felt the need to clarify for herself, "I think I'm quite resilient. I definitely won't cry, at most, I'll feel uncomfortable."

"Not cry?" Gu Yan said expressionlessly. "Then who answered the phone from the opposing film company in the Ai Xiang case last time and had their eyes turn red after being scolded a few sentences? Do you think my sister is a good person? She only scolded without using vulgar language. If you hold a grudge after being scolded by her, what if you come to me seeking revenge?"

Qixi felt the need to argue with this statement. "Am I the kind of person who seeks revenge and vents my anger?!"

"Are you not?" Gu Yan calmly looked at Qixi. "Then who was it that cursed me at the graduation ceremony?"

"..."

Qixi felt that she couldn't get past this deep-seated resentment with Gu Yan.

"But what do we do now? We can't just let Cheng Junliang pay the twelve thousand. Although he is at fault for losing the original documents, Lu Juan is also at fault for trying to extort money from him."

Qixi felt anxious. She was worried that Gu Xuehan would oppose them taking on this case. After all, it was a messy situation, the legal fees weren't high, and it could easily make things complicated.

However, Gu Xuehan's approach surprised Qixi.

Gu Yan didn't even glance at Qixi. "She will arrange to meet Cheng Junliang and handle this matter."

Qixi was pleasantly surprised. "Gu Lawyer is really great! If she takes action, Cheng Junliang will definitely be safe!"

Qixi said this sincerely. She naturally trusted Gu Xuehan and felt that as long as Gu Xuehan intervened, everything would be resolved.