Chapter 38 Damn Gu Yan, Can't He Just Let Me Go...

Just as things approached, when Saturday finally arrived, Qixi was completely scared.

A linguistic giant but a dwarf in action, that's exactly what she was.

After all, she didn't really want to be in a relationship. She felt that her intentions for making friends were not pure. So she felt guilty in her heart and suddenly became afraid of attending this joint event. In the end, Zhao Yiran had to drag her there.

Fortunately, the atmosphere of this matchmaking event was not too heavy. Besides the single individuals from the court and the prosecution, there were also many from law firms or labor inspection teams. The atmosphere was relaxed, with laughter and conversations. Everyone was a member of the legal community, so there were many common topics. Even if they didn't come with the intention of matchmaking, simply networking and getting to know people within the legal circle was not bad.

Qixi also relaxed because of this relaxed atmosphere. In the end, she had a really good conversation with Liu Zhen, a young male judge from the civil court. He didn't show excessive enthusiasm or obvious implications towards Qixi. He candidly admitted that he was dragged to the event by his colleagues and shared many key details and points of attention when handling civil disputes. They had a good discussion about work, and in the end, they exchanged contact information. Qixi even agreed to consult him if she had any questions in the future.

However, during this event, Qixi felt quite relaxed while Zhao Yiran looked bitter and resentful.

"Do you know? There were six male judges from our court asking for your contact information. And two from the prosecution's office came to me through various channels, asking me to arrange a separate dinner with you next time," Zhao Yiran complained with full resentment. "For the first time, so many men came to me voluntarily, and I didn't even have time to feel flattered. Instead, I found out that they were looking for me to play matchmaker."

Qixi didn't have any special thoughts about those other judges and prosecutors, so she didn't exchange contact information with them. She only occasionally had exchanges with Liu Zhen, the young male judge.

In this casual manner, the weekend passed, and a new week began. Qixi encouraged herself and returned to work mode.

Although she wanted to avoid Gu Yan, today both Qixi and him had cases to handle at the West City Court. So, to save office expenses, they took a taxi together. During the journey, Gu Yan was on the phone with clients, which avoided the awkwardness of conversation.

Once they arrived at the court, Qixi couldn't wait to part ways with Gu Yan. "I'll go and submit the supplementary evidence first. You go about your business."

Gu Yan glanced at Qixi and said, "Contact me after you're done. We'll take a taxi back together."

Qixi didn't want to spend more time alone with Gu Yan, but she couldn't think of a legitimate reason to refuse at the moment, so she vaguely replied, "We'll see."

However, her legitimate reason to refuse came soon enough.

"Qixi? What a coincidence? Are you here for a trial?" Qixi turned around at the sound of the voice and saw Liu Zhen, with whom she had a pleasant conversation earlier.

She was also a bit surprised and greeted him with a smile. "Yes, I happen to be here to submit some documents."

"How about having lunch together later? I can give you a detailed explanation of the practical question you asked me last time," he also smiled. "It would be great!"

Qixi thought it was perfect! It wasn't that she was particularly eager to learn,

but she finally had a reason to avoid Gu Yan. She looked at Gu Yan and cleared her throat. "Gu Yan, why don't you go back by yourself after you're done? I'll stay here and have a meal with a friend."