Chapter 19: "But I Only Like One..."

Cheng Junliang ,though still somewhat intoxicated, was relatively sober, able to walk on his own without relying on Gu Yan as a support. However, both Qi Xi and Gu Yan were still concerned, so they accompanied him all the way to his rented house and bid farewell before feeling at ease.

In order to save on rent, Cheng Junliang lived quite far from the city center. At this hour, it was difficult to find a taxi in this area, so Qi Xi and Gu Yan had to rely on public transportation to return to the city center. The nearest subway station from Cheng Junliang's place was nearly a twenty-minute walk away.

Fortunately, the temperature was pleasant that evening, with a gentle breeze blowing. Qi Xi and Gu Yan walked side by side in the gentle night, finding the journey quite bearable. Qi Xi even found it rather enjoyable.

Although Qi Xi was a native of Rong City, she rarely visited this particular area where Cheng Junliang lived. Aside from a few suburban mountains suitable for outdoor activities, there was also a small lake in the area. Many people would come here for a weekend getaway. However, the most appealing attraction for young people was a unique bookstore called "Cat's Sky City."

This so-called specialty bookstore also incorporated elements of a small café and a post office, making it quite trendy and eclectic, which attracted many young people. In addition to browsing various original picture books and illustrations, the most interesting feature was the opportunity to write and send postcards to the future.

Qi Xi, being a local of Rong City, had heard about this small bookstore countless times. Although this brand had branches in various districts of Rong City, the ones in the city center were always crowded, and Qi Xi was always discouraged by the overwhelming crowds.

"I remember, there's a 'Cat's Sky City' nearby! I read in a travel guide that this branch in the suburban area doesn't have many visitors, especially at night. It's usually quite empty!"

Qi Xi had always been interested in writing postcards to the future. She immediately opened the map to find the location and surprisingly discovered that it was conveniently on their way to the subway station.

It wasn't too late yet, and they could easily make it back to the city center before the last subway train. Qi Xi made up her mind and looked at Gu Yan, saying, "If you're in a hurry to go back, you can go ahead. I want to visit 'Cat's Sky City' for a bit."

Gu Yan was momentarily stunned, but then showed an interest in exploring it as well. "Oh, I've heard about 'Cat's Sky City' a few times too, but never had the chance to go. Since it's on the way, I'll join you and check it out."

Qi Xi didn't expect Gu Yan to be interested too, so she was naturally delighted. "Great, let's go together then!"

**

Not long after they started walking, they came across the legendary "Cat's Sky City." This branch of the bookstore was indeed less crowded due to its remote location. Once Qi Xi stepped inside, she quickly fell in love with the atmosphere of this small bookstore. The creative merchandise was fascinating, and the postcards had a unique charm. Moreover, in line with its name, "Cat's Sky City," there were a few lazy cats lounging around the store.

Qi Xi couldn't resist the allure of these furry creatures and immediately started petting the cats.

On the other hand, Gu Yan seemed more reserved. Although the cats liked him and circled around, rubbing against his legs, Gu Yan appeared somewhat awkward.

He frequently looked at Qi Xi with a pleading expression, asking, "Have these cats been vaccinated? Do they have fleas?"

His cautious demeanor was a complete contrast to his usual composed and self-assured appearance. However, Qi Xi found this side of Gu Yan quite amusing.