Chapter Twenty Four

It was past nine at night and Yibo had been standing there for a while, but Zhan didn't notice him. He didn't expect Zhan to be awake. He was sitting on a stool near the railings. The chin is placed on the arms resting on the railings while he overlooks the darkness. There was sadness in his eyes. Yibo could see it from the light coming from inside the room.

Yibo sighed, the slight anger that remained completely disappeared. He took off his jacket and approached Zhan.

Zhan turned when he felt him approach. "The wind is very cold," he said and draped his leather jacket at Zhan's back.

"T-thank you," Zhan said softly.

Yibo leaned against the wrought iron railings. He let out a deep breath before speaking.

"I'm leaving for Beijing tomorrow morning. It's Ziyi's birthday party." Zhan immediately stood up and faced him.

"I will jump off this lighthouse if you lock the door when you leave tomorrow, Wang!" For whatever reason, the threat made him smile. He didn't believe Zhan would do that. No matter what to say about him, tramp or not he had survived the scandal he had been involved with more than two years ago. And if what he said earlier on the phone to Zhuocheng is true that someone tried to do something bad to him, he survived that too.

If it were any other, they would probably have been taken advantage of rather than think of jumping to such a precarious safety.

"I'm not kidding, Wang!" full of irritation added Zhan."What a gory death for such a glamorous model." Yibo shook his head and laughed. "No. You can't do that, Zhan."

Zhan watched his white teeth flash in the dark. Yibo's fragrant breath stirred his hair and was causing delightful things to her chest and between his thighs. Then Yibo suddenly stopped laughing. And for a heart-stopping long while, they stared at each other.

"Zhan.." "Yibo..." They both spoke at the same time. And at the same time cleared their throats. Zhan sat back on the stool. His knees were wobbling.

"You first," Zhan said, refusing to meet Yibo's eyes. Instead, he focused his gaze on the darkness below.

"Okay." Yibo cleared his throat again. "Let's have a truce, Zhan. We're like a dog and a cat that always clawing at each other every time we talk."

"What do you expect my reaction to be when you lock me up in this tower," Zhan said scornfully.

Yibo chuckled. "You make it sound as if you were Rapunzel."

ZHan took a slow breath. He didn't know why Yibo's mood suddenly changed. And he didn't know which was more dangerous, when Yibo's eyes were smouldering with rage, as hours ago, or like now when his eyes were flashing with amusement.

Zhan decided both had a devastating effect on his equilibrium. Again, he took a deep breath. He leaned down to the railing again.

"I won't escape, promise," Zhan said in a barely audible voice. "I promised you that I will do whatever you want to happen, just don't destroy Zhuocheng's business. So, there's no need to lock me up."

That changed Yibo's mood, and the amusement disappeared from his eyes. But there is this effort to control the resurgence of anger.

He looked up at Yibo. "And please, please," he said, pleading, "call Zhuocheng. Tell him I'm safe."

He could almost hear the chatter of Yibo's teeth. "Zhan, don't make me "

"I already gave you, my word. That's all I'm asking. When you grabbed the phone earlier, he'll only worry more. For goodness' sake, Yibo. You can tell him what you want... that I am with you. And let Zhuocheng think about why we are together."