Chapter Twenty Seven

"Hello, Zhan," Ziyi greeted when he and Yibo arrived and introduced him. At first, Ziyi was amazed. But that was only a moment. She gave Yibo a teasing smile and then looked back at Zhan again. "Small world, isn't it?"

"Yes, it's a small world," Zhan said drily, giving a tight smile. "Congratulations, Ziyi..." He extended his hand to her, and she accepted it with a smile! The smile on Ziyi's lips was genuine and Zhan was surprised. Or she was just a good actress. Is Yibo's influence on his cousin this much? "And the same goes for you, Zhuocheng." And reach his hand to him.

"How did you and Ziyi meet?" Zhuocheng asked confused as he accepted Zhan's hand.

"We've met in New York, Zhuocheng darling," said Ziyi and hooked her arm, smiling at him with love in her eyes. "You two, how did you meet?"

"They are from the same province, Ziyi..." Yibo answered. "Both from Chongqing." Reluctantly he pulled Zhan closer, enough for Zhuocheng to let go of Zhan's hand.

But Zhuocheng's eyes remained on Zhan's face. asking questions Zhan knows that what happened to him on Councilor Zhao's' yacht is what he wants to clarify. Zhuocheng opened his mouth to say something, but Yibo beat him to it."Let's dance, Zhan," Yibo invited.

Zhan let go of Zhuocheng with a smile and joined Yibo on the dance floor. "Zhan and Zhuocheng never had a chance to talk again because Yibo wouldn't leave him even for a second. And Zhuocheng and Ziyi were busy greeting and taking care of some friends and relatives.

For hours Zhan was able to avoid people identifying him as the supermodel. He didn't want to take even a moment of their attention away from Ziyi and Zhuocheng. If there's anything he can't avoid, it's Yibo who finds a way to avoid people focusing attention on him.

Except for Yibo's mother and Ziyi's mommy who both couldn't get a smile when he came to him, Zhan couldn't say anything to Yibo's relatives who were there. Earlier in the helicopter he met his uncle Tony and Zuer. Zuer wished she had more time to talk with Zhan. But Yibo made sure that he could not talk to anyone for a long time. In the eyes of the guests, Yibo was possessive of him. And that he was his new conquest. Some dared to mention Zhao Liying's name but Yibo answered them all tactfully.

When the formal engagement of Zhuocheng and Ziyi was announced, he wanted to run to Zhuocheng to hug him in happiness. Perhaps Yibo sensed what he intended to do because his grip on his shoulder tightened.

"You already gave your congratulations earlier. You don't need a follow-up, Xiao Zhan." Yibo's voice held a warning. "Don't leave here. I'll be here for a moment," Yibo added and walked towards the two.

Zhan sighed furiously. He did not know what the end of all this would be. All his life he had been a puppet by his mother and the people he had worked with. Then here and there he plays again with Wang Yibo. The only difference, even if he doesn't want to admit it, it's a pleasure for him to be with Yibo. And he knew he would hurt himself in the process.

What Yibo felt for him was lust. Plain and simple. Just like the men he met felt the same way. The difference is, he never fell in love with any of them.

While he was falling for Yibo, hard and painful. "You are staring at my son with your heart in your eyes, Xiao Zhan."

He suddenly looked at Wang Carmen sitting in the seat vacated by Yibo. "Mrs. Wang..."

"I don't mince words, Xiao Zhan," she said, so poised and so beautiful. And her eyes as blue as her son's showed contempt. "I don't know how you and Yibo met. I also don't know why he brought you to the house as a guest. He wouldn't tell us, but I know something's going on.