Chapter Thirty Five

Zhuocheng was ten years old when his father died. His father was driving his mother to attend a teachers' seminar to be when a ten-wheeler truck hit their owner-type jeep. The driver of the ten-wheeler was found to be drunk.

Yingchun's husband died on the spot, but she survived. However, she could not get out of the wheelchair.

The cousin of Yingchun's husband, Fengmian, was surprisingly always by her side after the tragedy. Fengmian supports his sister-in-law in her recovery. And to everyone's astonishment and secret objection, eight months after the accident, Yingchun married the bohemian Fengmian.

Fengmian had only been married to Yingchun for a few months when he met Ziyuan, twenty-one years old, young and beautiful. Working as a promo girl in a large and well-known department store.

Besides being beautiful and young, Ziyuan is also smart and ambitious, and she sees the fulfillment of her dream in the person of Fengmian. Nice guy well dressed and has an expensive car. In addition to this Fengmian has a farm.

Ziyuan was pregnant with Zhan when she found out that Fengmian was married. Her anger did nothing because she needed Fengmian's support for the child she was carrying. Also, Fengmian made Ziyuan believe that he was going to divorce his wife.

Zhan was seven years old when Ziyuan fully realized that Fengmian had no intention of divorcing his wife. And Ziyuan decided. She brought Zhan to the farm.

Zhuocheng, who was coming, got out of the owner-type jeep when he saw Ziyuan banging the gate.

"I am the son of the owner of that house," Zhuocheng said and glanced inside the solar to see if their maid was coming to open the gate. From the gate to the house itself is a long way and it seems that no one has heard that there is someone at the gate." I am Ziyuan and this is my son... Fengmian and I..." Zhoucheng who had been nineteen years old at that time was shocked. Young Xiao Zhan bent down and tightened his hold on his mother's arm. Then he glanced inside the solar again. Seeing that no one was still paying attention to them, he breathed a sigh of relief. And then a worried frown crossed his forehead.

"Uncle Fengmian is ​​my stepfather and he's not here. He went this morning to Beijing. Get in the jeep first and we'll talk about this somewhere else."

"Nothing can be discussed," Ziyuan replied firmly. "Fengmian cheated on me. If he doesn't even intend to divorce his wife, then I will leave our child with him! Xiao Zhan has the legal right to benefit from his father's wealth!" The worry on the face of Zhuocheng. "Don't make a scandal, Miss," he said. "Mama is sick and I don't want her to know about this." Ziyuan's eyes flashed. "Good! When she dies, Fengmian will be with me."

Zhuocheng's eyes narrowed. "If something happens to Mama, you will be responsible for me," he threatened in a strong voice. "And when Mama dies, Fengmian won't be with you. You weren't the first woman that Uncle Fengmian hit on before or even in the short time he and my mother were together. And you won't be the last." Ziyuan looked at him. "You are lying!"

"Like you, the previous women believed that Uncle Fengmian was rich. And since Mama was several years older than him, they thought that her husband would leave her." Zhuocheng sneered. "You are all wrong. Uncle Fengmian will never leave Mama. How can he support his luxuries? Where will he get money for himself? From his gambling habit?"

"What are you talking about? Fengmian owns this farm according to him!"

"He made you believe... and others. But you can ask around." Zhoucheng extended his hand and looked around. "The people of this town will prove what I say. Uncle Fengmian spends the money he doesn't work for!"

"No..." Ziyuan said.

"That's the truth," Zhuocheng said with narrowed eyes. And then cruelly added, "What else can be expected from Uncle Fengmian women but are just like him. Fortune hunters... free loaders. It was the reason why he married my mother."