Chapter Thirty Three

"Where did you leave him?" Yibo snorts loudly at the frightened driver who almost squeezes into a pillar of the villa in great fear.

"A-at the market, sir, a-after he asked that we go for a walk at the wharf first."

"Sonofabitch!" Yibo's face was red with rage... and fear, he didn't even want to admit it.

It was five in the afternoon when the driver returned alone. According to him, he waited a long time in the parking lot. And when it had been some time and Zhan didn't come, he looked for him in the town.

Nanny Adora was worried and sent to fetch Yibo. But he was not at the ranch.

It was seven in the evening when Yibo informed that Zhan was missing. He almost flew the horse back to the villa.

"Yibo," Nanny Jia, remorse in her voice. "Zhan borrowed money from me this morning because he said he was going to buy something. He made it sound..."

She took a breath, "very important. I gave him the money for groceries."

A violent sigh came out of Yibo's mouth, and he ran up the stairs to the top. The door to Zhan's room was almost pulled off the hinges when he flung it open. His eyes searched the room. The blanket is neatly folded next to the pillows but there is no bedsheet. He knew why. Again, he cursed himself as the fear he never felt before in his whole life gripped him. When his eyes passed the white paper on the night table, he took two steps. He scooped it up.

Yibo, I promise never to see Zhuocheng again, unless it comes from him for a very important reason. Zhuocheng's not my lover, I'm sure you know that now. Goodbye, Yibo. Thank you for last night.

It was the best moment in my life, Zhan.

Yibo groaned painfully. Crumpled up the paper and threw it somewhere. Sat on the edge of the bed and on the paper he threw.

For a long while, he stayed in that position. His mind wouldn't function properly. All he knew was that a part of his chest seemed to be torn from its place. And it was so painful he could hardly breathe.

It was as if the pain was taking his very life.

"Yibo..."

He looked up violently. Nanny Jia had been in the family for so long. Other than a family member, she was the only one capable of facing him in such a mood. "The Veterinarian is downstairs-"

His hand reached for the cell phone in his jeans pocket. "I'm calling WJC, Nanny Jia. I need the chopper right now!"

"But Yibo... according to the doctor, the injection of the anti-virus to the-" -"

"I don't care if all the animals on this ranch die!" he said angrily. "I have to go back right now to Beijing."

"So, okay," Nanny Jia said grimly. "If Zhan is worth the whole ranch, then he must be something. Be sure to bring him back!" After saying that, the old woman turned away. Whispering. "You Wang men are crazy. That's what money does to you. Too proud. Too mighty. As if you were the gods. A simple 'I love you' can't be said, then the problem is solved. "

He was stunned when he heard what the old woman said. Was he in love with Zhan? Is this the reason why he feels so scared now that he left? And the thought that he might never see him again is just that painful to bear because he loves him?

He hit his head with two palms. For the first time in his adult life, blue-eyed Wang Yibo., playboy, jetsetter, multi-millionaire, wept.