Chapter Seventeen

"See what I mean, Xiao Zhan?" Yibo's hostile snort interrupted Zhan's long thoughts. "Damn it! What do you have against Meng Ziyi and you want to destroy her? Has she done something bad to you that I don't know about?"

Zhan was slightly startled by the anger in Yibo's voice. He looked up and involuntarily shook his head.

"Then it's only in your nature to destroy someone's life!" Zhan shook her head in confusion. "N-it's not like that, it's just a coincidence that-—"

"Ziyi's mother doesn't approve of Zhuocheng," Yibo interrupted what he was about to say, "for the reason that Aunt is worried that he is after Ziyi's fortune. I don't like your lover either," Yibo said with distaste. "For two reasons. First, I agree with Aunt. He could be a fortune hunter. Second, he already has a girlfriend, but he managed to betray her. Even so, I can't tell Ziyi everything. She will be hurt again. And she loved this bastard-"

"Zhuocheng's a good man!" Zhan defence. "You don't have the right to judge everyone just because of your misconceptions."

"And the only thing I can do to help Ziyi is get you out of the circle," Yibo continued as if he hadn't spoken. "And when you're back in out, I'll make sure Zhuocheng doesn't bother talking to you anymore."

Zhan raised his face. "And how are you going to do that? Ruin my reputation?" One corner of his lips twitched derisively. "Well, Mr. Wang, I don't have one. I told you before, I don't care about what reporters write about me. And I don't even have a family to think about."

For a long moment, Yibo gave him a hateful stare. "No one is without weaknesses, Xiao Zhan. I promise I'll find yours," Yibo threatened. "And the moment I know that I'll shred you to pieces." After saying that, he walked towards where the key fell, picked it up, and walked towards the door.

Zhan picked up the first thing his eyes caught the figurine near the TV rack and threw it at Yibo.

Same time Yibo opened the door and the figurine hit there. Yibo stared at the broken figurine on the floor for a few moments before looking up. His eyes seem to be emitting fire when he stares at Zhan. His jaws are clenched. "If it takes another figurine of that kind to keep Ziyi from getting hurt, then it's worth the trouble, Zhan."

But Zhan was too angry himself to care. "You will regret every day you keep me on this island, Wang!" he cried furiously. "I'll make every minute of it a living hell for you!" "It already is, Xiao Zhan. The first time I laid eyes on you."

Yibo was gone for a moment, but he kept staring at the door where Yibo came out. Then his eyes slowly dropped to the floor. He raised his hand to his mouth to stop breathing.

On the stone flooring is the fragmented figurine. And he couldn't believe he was able to throw it. He had never been violent in his entire life. He had always been a very submissive one. He couldn't believe he would want to hurt Yibo. In fact, he doesn't remember ever getting angry like that. He keeps his emotions to himself. But since he met Wang Yibo, feelings that he didn't know he had been released like a ball of fire in his chest.

He slowly stepped towards the broken figurine. Crouched down on the floor and picked up a large chunk. He was sure it was very expensive. Nothing, about the Wangs was cheap.

But when he grabbed the piece of figurine he was holding, he groaned. Because that will not only be expensive but also another antique. He was sure of that. It looked like the kinds he had seen in New York museums. Also, what's that figurine doing in Wang Yibo's room if that's worthless.

And he broke it. No wonder, Yibo stared at the broken figurine for a long time. It must have been priceless. Full of depression and regret, Zhan picked up the pieces of the broken figurine one by one and put them aside.