Chapter Six

The old man smiled with pleasure. "You can call me "Henry," Zhan. You call me too formal."

Zhan smiled back. "Then Henry it is." Full of confidence he pulled the old man towards the dance floor. He couldn't help but glance at Wang Yibo at the bar. Zhan noticed that the woman with Yibo was looking at them, a frown in her forehead.

Henry Zhao' eyes looked at the two. He raised his hand in acknowledgment. The woman smiled maliciously. Wang Yibo nodded.

"You know that man?" Zhan asked.

"Who? Yibo?" The old man laughed. "He's my daughter's fiancé. (Duh GF only, assuming much OLD MAN?🙄 Grrrr, 😤, hahaha sorry 🏻 , I am annoyed with this perverted OLD MAN) And the girl next to him is my daughter. As far as I know, my daughter asked you for an exclusive interview for a part of her show and I heard you refused..."

Yibo's fiancee. Then slowly let out a gentle breath. He couldn't hear anything else the old man was saying. Suddenly Zhan felt different. It seemed that the hall had become very crowded and there was no air. And he needed to breathe. Zhan thanked God when the music ended and the same time someone approaches the old man. And before the old man could stop him, Zhan hurriedly said goodbye and go to the washroom.

Zhan couldn't stop himself from glancing at the bar. Yibo was no longer there. But his fiancee remained sitting on the stool and was talking to someone.Zhan's eyes searched for Zhuocheng among the crowd. It's time for them to leave. It was almost two o'clock in the morning.

He went through the crowd looking for it. One photographer called his name. Zhan was forced to give an obligatory smile when the man raised his camera and took his picture. Zhan moved gracefully. Actions and movements trained over a long period of time.

And although Zhan knows many admiring glances are focused on him, he chooses the one who he smiles and nods. It's usually the who's who in the fashion world that he already knows. He tried not to be stopped by any group to talk with them.

He was already outside and headed for the lanai. Zhan expected to see Zhuocheng outside but the place was deserted except for the two couples who entered through the other entrance. He walked towards it to go inside again. But a man came out, and before Zhan knew they collided.

"I'm so―" The apology he was about to say got stuck in his throat and was instead replaced by a strong intake of breath when he felt something cold on his chest.

"Damn!" said the one he bumped into.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean it. I didn't know that I would meet someone," the guy said. Zhan barely heard the man's apology. His full attention was focused on bending over chest that was covered with wine from the goblet the man was holding. The cold was stinging his skin because some pieces of melting ice had also spilled onto his chest.

And Zhan heard the guy's breathing heavily. He was sure that the person in front of him could see more clearly what was going on in his chest than him who was bending over himself. Zhan absentmindedly put his hands on his chest and looked up at the person in front of him only to inhale loudly when he recognized him. Wang Yibo of all people!

Blue eyes meet dark ones. A scene immediately appeared in his mind. More than two years ago, on the staircase of Jeffrey Moore's mansion. The scene flashed in Zhan's mind. Yibo's anger almost dug into his bones.

But at the moment there was no hatred in his blue eyes, what's there was confusion and amazement.

Both of them stared at each other for a long moment. Out of nowhere a camera flashed. And before Zhan could turn around, Yibo's hands quickly rose on his shoulders and violently turned his back to the approaching two photographers and pulled Zhan towards his muscular chest.