Chapter Twenty Two

From down the tower, he heard a teasing "see you later" from Yibo before he left.

His chest heaved as he walked on top of the glass tower. Yesterday when he was left alone, he already went up there. There are beacon lights that are lit at night. And from there he could see the whole surroundings. The sea and the forest. But he couldn't see a single house, if there was one, it might be covered by the big surrounding trees.

But he stopped breathing when he saw the hanging bridge. It was probably two hundred meters long and seemed to be attached to two large mountains. And even the piles of rocks he could see around him were breathtakingly beautiful. He wished he could ask Yibo to show him the whole island. But it is impossible to do that. Yibo wouldn't want other people to see him.

He was going to spend another boring day. If only he could get out of the lighthouse, he could pick a flower and arrange it to put inside the room. If he lived here, he would put curtains on the windows. And the same goes for plants. It didn't matter if it was a lighthouse. He would make it a home.

The window opposite the sink below is purposely made with a wide sill for burns. He can put clinging plants there. It will not be withered because it is exposed to the sun. Or he could make a garden outside.

His mind immediately braked his mind. He shook his head and scolded himself. Instead of thinking about how he can get out of that place, he dreams in vain. If he can get out of the lighthouse, he won't make a garden. He will run away.

And will he be able to escape? Yesterday he did not believe what Yibo said that the wilderness is dangerous for someone who is not used to that area. But seeing the bridge, the rock mass, the whole forest, and the fact that it said the hanging bridge was the only way to town changed his opinion.

He could never cross that bridge. He wasn't afraid of heights. But the shaking when you walk on while the water and sharp rocks are rushing underneath, that's a different story.

He looked around again. Hopefully, he was there for another reason. He was sure he would thoroughly enjoy the breathtaking scenery. If there is a rock mass, there must be caves on the island, which he could explore.

From where he was, he already loved the place. The serenity... the natural and untouched beauty of the forests. And it was as if he belonged there. Belonged there? He lingered on the thought.

Despite Yibo's disgust with him, he could not deny his attraction to him. Every time Yibo was near, his heart went into overdrive. His hormones were working overtime. He sighed. He needs to control his own emotions before they betray him to Yibo. It will only make it worse for him.

He came down with a heavy heart. He was on the last two steps of the spiral staircase when he saw something next to the computer that made his chest tremble. Cell phone!

He almost beat down the remaining two steps. He hurriedly approached the computer table.

He couldn't believe it. Yibo had a cell phone and forgot it. His chest beat one after the other as he picked up the cell phone.

Zhan didn't waste time, with trembling fingers he dialed Zhuocheng's home. It was four rings before someone answered on the other line.

"Zhuocheng...

"Zhan!" he exclaimed. "Where are you? We're so worried about you. You just called me ahead of time. I intend to report your disappearance to the police..."

"I-I am all right, Zhuocheng. I only called to-

"What happened to you?" Zhuocheng interrupted what he was saying.