Chapter Sixteen

Yibo flushed. He could feel his face heating up. And he could see the smile of triumph on Zhan's face as he gazed at him. Turning violently, Yibo walked towards the three-shelf rolling wine tray took a bottle of wine from a silver decanter and poured and drank straight.

Damn... damn! He doesn't remember losing control like he did a while ago. For heaven's sake, he was twenty-nine years old, not thirteen! He turned the wine bottle again and poured his glass again. From the corner of his eyes, he could see Zhan slowly walking towards the bed. Sat at the end of it.

Yibo's chest was heaving even more. The alcohol made his burning feelings even hotter. My god, the bitch had nothing on under "his" shirt! The soft and silky skin was warmed on his hand... the velvety—

"I promise I won't leave the lighthouse," Zhan said in a low voice that interrupted his thoughts, "just don't lock the door when you go out." Yibo savagely turned to him, and the mockery was no longer on Zhan's face. What he saw was helplessness. And Zhan was staring at the key that fell on the floor near the door.

"Do you think I'm going to lock the door when I go out?" Yibo asked with furrowed brows.

Zhan looked up at him. "Thought of it. That was why I bolted out. I have this fear of being locked inside a room."

Yibo's mouth twitched contemptuously. "A horrible experience from one of your string of lovers?" He scoffed but deep in his chest anger rose for the man who thought was the reason Zhan was afraid of a locked room.

Zhan didn't answer, instead, he turned to the big window and looked at the sky. Yibo's jaws chattered. What kind of man would do that to the one he wants to have sex with? Or maybe he did it out of a desire not to let Zhan go?

There is a part of him that is jealous of the men Zhan has had sex with. Along with that was anger at himself because he shouldn't feel that way about this. He brought the cup to his mouth again and drank its contents.

Holding the only cup in his hand, he faced Zhan. "When did you just arrive from New York, a month more or less. How and where did you and Zhuocheng meet?"

A delicate smile graced Zhan's lips at his question. The smile softened his face."None of your business," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

Yibo's eyes widened, and Zhan was uncooperative. "How many times have you been to bed with him? Once, twice?"

Zhan didn't answer, instead shrugging his shoulders again as if to tell Yibo that it's none of his business how many times he had sex with Zhuocheng. Zhan stood up and walked to the big window and stand there looking out at the sea.

Yibo had a full view of a nice pair of long legs that seemed to run forever. Zhan has no shoes on its feet. And Yibo had never seen such an alluring man. And as he watched Zhan standing there, the wind blowing his hair, he felt as if Zhan was part of that room.

And he had this feeling that when Zhan left things would never be the same again. He shook his head. Wherever the flow of his mind ends up.

Zhan turned and stared at him. "How long will I stay here?" Blue eyes slowly and thoughtfully ran over him.

"You are incredibly beautiful," Yibo said. And then he saw how Zhan eyes flickered in surprise. As if that was the first compliment he received in his entire life.

"I am not surprised why men were crazy about you," Yibo continued. "That included Jeffrey Moore... and now Zhuocheng."

"If all this abduction thing is just about Zhuocheng," Zhan flared, "then I promise you, Mr. Wang, I am not a threat to his relationship with Meng Ziyi. We are not even-"

"Will you promise not to meet again to him?"

Zhan could not immediately answer that question because it was impossible. Unless he goes back to New York. But he has no intention of returning to New York. In the past month since his arrival, he has experienced being truly happy again. And free.

And he doesn't want to go back to his job. He had never wanted to be a model in the first place. He hated the men around her work. In the simulation there is no malicious handling. And every time he told that to his mother, she just laughed. That he should train himself and ignore the overtures.

"I am not asking you to prostitute yourself for me, Zhan!" Ziyuan said. "Be thankful that I am not like the other mother. Not a few approached me to pay for your one night with them, but I refused them all. That is not my dream for us!" He truly thanked his mother for that, no matter what. Not that Ziyuan cared for his virtue. Ziyuan herself was a beauty. If she wanted to use her own body to make money, it would be easy for her to do so. His mother wanted dignity fame and money. She might be many things, but Ziyuan had class.

And she had used her beauty wisely. She has put herself in a good position to be used to further the fulfilment of her dream - Zhan.

Zhan was everything Ziyuan wanted for herself. And Zhan became her mother's puppet for years.

Now that he was finally free, he couldn't allow another person to manipulate his life—again! Like this man is doing.