Chapter 22

UNKNOWN

For the last few days, it has been all hands on deck to locate that pathetic wolf child.

I had enough.

We needed to get back to normal.

My eyes stayed on some wolves who were going for the next shift to find her. I rolled my eyes while I stepped away from the window and walked back to my desk. I sat down and frowned.

This wasn't how it was supposed to happen. They should have thrown her out of the pack and made her a rogue. I didn't do all this for nothing. Everyone has their breaking points and mine is now. I needed to get Alpha Aaron back on track or this will be all for nothing.

My eyes lingered on the phone when it flashed. Speak of the devil and it will appear—Alpha Aaron. I knew he and that little brat's father were in the office. They had not long spoken to the boys, and that's what they are—boys. How could anyone hand a pack over to that man's child? He wasn't fit enough to be the next alpha.

My wolf huffed. He hated them as much as me.

No one would have known about what happened to her if that damn young alpha knew how to keep his dick in his pants. All he had to do was not fuck his whores and then we won't be in this situation.

My phone vibrated, but I left it.

I needed a plan to make that him understand what was right for this pack.

The gamma before me would have never been so sneaky. I had to kill him and pretend to be friends with all three of them and make sure I had the chance to step in to be the next gamma. They missed their friend, but I took his place when he passed. Being the Gamma of this pack was something to be treasured, but it came with a prize. I hated my alpha. He was once a genuine friend until he and that damn beta found their mates. The beta had to be mated to the one I wanted.

Remembering her walking into the pack when she came back with him from hers, I was in awe of her. She was breathtaking, but when I spotted that beta with her, I knew I had to do something.

Who would have thought a few rumors would make it all so sweet?

That fool took it all to heart.

Shaking my head to come back to the present, my phone vibrated again, but this time it was him. I quickly picked up the phone.

"What the hell is going over there?" he demanded. "Who is missing?"

Moving back into my chair, I sighed.

"That pathetic brat," I murmured. "She seems to have vanished and everyone here is acting like they are missing her."

The man chuckled.

"That is new," he said. "What happened?"

"I have no clue," I said, while the corners of my lips curled up into a grin. Oh, I know. My daughter, Laura, told me in fine detail what they did to her. There was no way she would survive that.

"It seems bad," I continued, glancing up when I spotted movement outside my room. "There was a lot of blood."

The man chuckled again.

"Oh, poor little girl," he said, amused.

Once he calmed down, he sighed. "So, is Alpha Aaron phoning all the alpha's locally?" he asked.

"I have no clue," I muttered. "He may do, he may not. It is all down to what her father wants to do."

"Well, from what you told me, you have done to that family," he said. "He wouldn't want anything to do with her."

I said nothing.

There was a slight shift in the air since she left, but I don't know what.

My wolf grunted out some words, but I ignored him. He wasn't all too pleased.

"So we are onto the next stage of the plan," he blurted out, pulling me back to earth.

A slow smile stretched across my face, knowing what he meant. "Yes," I said. "All I have to do is make sure we have your pack here to come and hopefully we can make Alpha Aaron see that we should team up."

"Oh, I think he will," he said. "Especially with what I can offer him. All you have to do it make sure that nothing else happens."

"Sure," I said, but I knew he wasn't done.

"What about Laura?" he asked. "Has the young alpha dated her yet?"

I frowned, knowing full well that he hadn't. He was more of a player than any wolf I had ever known.

"She is trying," I said. "But he has been resistant lately."

"Well, she needs to be his next Luna," he growled, which sent a cold shiver right through me. "This won't work if she is not."

"I know," I muttered, glancing toward the closed door. I knew no one could hear me, but it was always ears around. I needed to get off the call with him, or this wouldn't end well for me.

"I have to go," I said. "Someone is coming. I will send you all the details in an email."

"Okay," he said. "I look for to it."

The phone went dead, but I held my phone in place.

There was a way I could have Laura be Connor's Luna. It will have to be some black mail which I have got on the Alpha Aaron.

A plan formed in my head. I only had a few weeks left till he came, but I knew what I had to do. I just have to find the information I am looking for and see our lovely alpha. This moron likes to pass work off to other pack members and not get his hands dirty, but what if I show him a mistake that he did, which I did myself but he signed for? Then he would be under my rule.

There was always a way to skin a cat, and this way was to make the alpha my bitch.