Chapter 12

MYA

The food was lovely even though I couldn't eat a lot, which only made my uncle worry. I overheard Stephanie tell my uncle that I had to eat little, but often my stomach had shrunk due to the lack of food.

Tom wasn't too pleased by hearing that, but he said nothing.

I handed over my plate when someone spoke. "Mya, can I ask a question?" Mac asks, making me look toward him. Mac changed seats during the meal and was now sitting next to me since the food was taken away.

I nod to him.

Anya, who had fallen back asleep, moved in my head but said nothing. I could feel her worry, but I had to tell them what I could.

"I was wondering about your arm," he asked, looking toward the bandages. "Why were you bleeding? Did you do..."

I placed my hand on his arm as I shook my head. "No, I had the scars from the fire that killed my mum but this was not my doing," I say looking towards everyone and I land on Stephanie's face she has a grim look. I think she knows who did this.

Looking away, I looked to the table as all eyes were trained on me. "I was grabbed by one of the girls at school," I mumbled. "I went early to school as I had to walk."

I looked up and was met with some odd expressions, but I didn't stop and continued. "I had no form of transport. When I got there, three girls grabbed me and dragged me to the girl's bathroom," I say, feeling my stomach drop. Everything that happened came flooded back with a bang, and all I wanted to do was run and hide.

Everyone was looking at me, not saying a word, so I carried on. "They beat me up until one of them made the other two hold me down on the floor," I said. "She had a knife which was dripped in wolfsbane. She placed it on my arm and cut through my scars once she saw them."

A lone tear escaped as I looked away, but I continued. "All three of them left me on my own when she was done. I lay in my own blood as they laughed. When I knew they were gone, I got out of there," I said as more tears flowed freely. "That's when I headed to the office and

caught Connor with that girl. I ran off and headed outside and hid underneath a window which I overheard my father and Alpha talk about..."

I couldn't even finish the sentence as I was crying too much. Everything that happened to me, all the emotions I had bottled up resurfaced and they were all now on show for my family to see. The same family who knew existed but never met. I have never been in this much pain, except that night when my mother died.

Movement came from somewhere, but I didn't even know where, and an arm wrapped around my shoulders, pulling me to them. "Shh..." Steph's whispered close to my ear while she held me. "Let it out, Mya."

"I think Uncle that Mya should have some rest," Stephanie says. "This has to be all too much for her."

I closed my eyes and met Anya, who looked at me. Her eyes soften. "You're so brave," she whispered. "I am proud of you."

Saying nothing, I open my eyes and look around. All eyes were on me, and the air around us shifted.

I slowly move out of my chair and rest my hands on the table. Stephanie moves out of the way as someone else comes toward me. As I turn, I am pulled into another hug. This time, it is Lexi. All I could seem to do was cry more. I wrap my hands around her as she holds me.

"What do you say, uncle?" Stephanie says.

"I think it's for the best," my uncle says in a low voice. "Steph, take her to her room, and Lex, stay with her. She is going to need a friend."

Pulling back from Lexi, I glance at my uncle, who stares at me. His eyes soften. "You have nothing to worry about," he whispered. "You have been through so much, and it's all getting to you now. Lexi and Steph will take you back to your room."

I gave him a slight nod but looked toward the others around the table, but no one batted an eyelid at me. Most wore worried expressions, but it was more out of love than anything.

Stephanie placed her hand on my shoulder, making me look back at her. "Come," she said with a small smile. "You need to rest."

I said nothing as we walked back through the villa and straight to the room I woke up in. I wandered over to the bed when we stepped inside and sat on the bed.

Closing my eyes, more tears flowed. It was like a goddamn waterfall.

I felt the bed dip by the side of me and an arm on my shoulders. Whoever it was pulled me to them as I cried. "It's okay," Lexi whispered. "Let it all out."

We stayed like that for ages until I moved and sighed. "I'm never like this," I said, looking at her. "It all got too much for me. I have never had anyone to talk to about anything, or people care about what happened to me."

Lexi stared but moved her hand to move a strand of hair from my face. She placed it behind my ear and smiled. "Well, that's something you will have to get used to," she said with a small smile. "Everyone here wants to help and know what happened to you. I know it is all hard to talk about but I can promise you, Mya, it will be the best cure for you."

I gave her a smile as a lone tear escaped.

No one in my father's pack cared about me. I was made out to be something I wasn't, and that made it even worse as no one knew the truth. I want to tell the full story, but how am I

too? No one will believe what happened that frightful night of the fire. I lost my mother that night and I was left with scars, and a broken soul.

My family, the people who were supposed to be there for me. The two people who were the only family I knew even believed the lies that were spread.

Closing my eyes as they start to get heavy, I let out a yawn.

All the crying I had done was making me tired. I needed sleep. I open my eyes and look at Lexi, who placed her hand in mine. "I need to sleep," I whispered.

Lexi nodded. "Get into bed," she said. "we can put the covers over you."

I gave her a small smile and moved to the bed to lay down. I placed my head on the pillow but looked to the side. Where did Stephanie go?

"Where—" I said, but Lexi shook her head. "My sister left when we were quiet," she said. "She went back outside with the others."

I said nothing. Lexi looked at me for a moment and went to move, but I grabbed her arm. She stopped and looked at me. "Will you stay with me?" I whispered.

Lexi's eyes softened as she nodded her head.

Even though I had Anya with me, I was never alone. But after spilling my guts to my mother's family, I needed some human contact.

Lexi climbed onto the bed and lay down next to me, placing her arm around my waist.

Letting out a sigh, my eyes begin to flutter as sleep takes over. For the first time in a long time, I longed for sleep.