Chapter 7

STEPHANIE

I look on in horror as Mya slumps over and has gone pale.

What the hell happened to her?

"I can smell blood Steph," Mac says from the front seat.

Sniffing the air, it reeked of blood; he was right. It is coming from Mya.

"Blood," Cara, my wolf growled.

I look over her and notice that one of her arms looks bigger than the other. She only has skinny arms, I remember. She was skinny.

Moving closer to her, I lift the sleeve. I pull it away slightly where my hand holds it and notice blood dripping into my hand.

Cara whimpers. "Poor pup," she murmurs in my head.

I hear a growl from the front, which makes me look back at Mac in the mirror. His eyes met mine. "What the fuck did they do to her?" he growls.

"I don't know," I say as I gently place her hand back down. "Mind link Tom, tell him she is injured. We are going to need a quick getaway and fast otherwise."

I look back at him in the mirror. "They are going to be looking for her," I say. "I will contact Darius and tell him what's going on. We may have to do something about this."

He looks at me through the mirror and nods. "We should have taken her sooner, not now," he says as the guilt rips through him.

I look over to Mya, guilt coming. He's right; we should have done this sooner, but it was hard to even get to her. "I know how you feel, but I didn't think it was this bad," I mutter. "But I do have an idea who could have caused this?"

A snarl slips past my lips

It has to be Laura. The way she was in school yesterday, she wouldn't have let it slide, not when it came to Mya. Laura had her sights set on Mya, and I couldn't do a damn thing about it, especially since Laura was the Gamma's daughter. Everyone there who had a higher-ranking title thought they were untouchable, but when Tom and Darius find out what has been going on, they won't know what hit them.

I place my hand on Mya's as Mac mind links Tom. I pull out my phone and quickly dial Darius. He picks up on the first ring. "Baby, please tell me you have her and are on your way home."

I sigh and tell him everything.

Cara stirs in my head. "Mate," she whimpers. She's been missing more since we left the pack, but she knew why we were doing this.

A growl comes through the line sends a shiver down my back. "My father will kill them. We need to bring her home," he says. "Aunt Maria should have given her to my father when she had the chance, but that stupid mate played happy families to change her mind."

I said nothing and looked over to Mya. She looked white as a sheet. She needs medical attention. I was starting to worry about her. "Baby, we need a doctor to the airport. She is not well at all," I said to him.

"Dad has one on standby at the airport," he says. "He is there too. He arrived under the radar early this morning. I wanted to tell you, but he said he wanted it to be a surprise, and he wants to see her."

Tom was here. He has been waiting for years to meet his niece. But when his sister didn't contact him, he got worried.

"He's not going to like what he sees," I muttered.

"I know, babe," Darius says and sighs. "I miss you."

I close my eyes. " I miss you too," I whimper as I look to the front and notice we are approaching the airport strip. Darius and I said our goodbyes as

I miss Darius so much.

When Tom started to worry more about Mya and Maria's safety, I offered to go to the pack as a teacher. I'm going to be Luna, and I wanted to bring her home for him. There have been many stories all over that stupid pack about Maria and her daughter, but I never believed them. I never told Tom, only Darius, a few things I had heard. But when he got angry, I stopped telling him as he threatened to attack the pack and get them out. I had to tell him it wasn't in the best interest of Mya, not with her father and brother around.

I remember when I was back home when Maria would ring Tom every night crying, telling him that her mate hated her, that he was with other she-wolves.

It was hard to watch the man cry because he wanted to help his sister, but when she died, there was no contact with Mya. It was like she had vanished.

Tom made Darius the head of the company that traded with them, and he became best friends with both the alpha and beta. He asked for a favour and mentioned that a teacher would love to come to see how everything worked. They were hesitant at first, but they agreed. I went as Tom thought Mya would need a female touch and that it would prove to our pack what kind of Luna I would be when I took over next to Darius.

Once the pack agreed, I arrived three weeks ago with Mac, Darius beta, to protect me. We did a lot of following and snooping; this pack is built on lies. Everyone is out for something, even the young alpha.

I glanced to the side as Mac pulled into the airstrip. Tom owns a private jet, which was standing a few feet away from the entrance.

Once Mac comes to a complete stop, the door to Mya is pulled open by a man wearing scrubs. He looks at me, gives me a nod, and then pulls her out.

Mac opens my door; my eyes dart to the man as he carries her onto the plane and heads inside. I grab her bag and leave the car.

Mac closes the door behind me and follows as I spot Tom standing at the bottom of the plane steps, looking up at where the pack doctor took Mya. "She looks just like Maria," he says softly, with a tear sliding down his face.

I smile. "She does, and now she is safe," I say, as he motions for me to go first on the plane. "Let's go home. I want to see my mate."

We both head onto the plane, Mac following behind, closing the door.

I look toward a door that is closed. She must be in there. I walk over to a seat and sit as Tom and Mac take the seats before me. I place my seat belt on and look up at my father-in-law. His eyes went to the door.

"What happened?" he asked. "Why did you need medical help?"

I looked to Mac, who closed his eyes. I knew he told Tom something. I let out a sigh and began telling him what I knew. It was going to break him.

After I finished, anger rippled through the enclosed space around us. "I'm going to kill them all," Tom growled.

I moved closer and touched his, making him look at me. "She's with us," I murmured. "We should be grateful, and she is in good hands."

Tom stared at me as his anger slid but lingered in the air. "She is with family," he says, leaning back as his eyes stay on me. "The guy is a local wolf doctor from another pack. I didn't want the alpha or father knowing anything."

I gave him a nod. That was a good call.

The plane started up and took off. I leaned back at let my thoughts go and think about my mate. Cara placed a block on me as she hates flying.

We are returning to our pack in Spain—our home and now Mya's too.