Chapter 11

MYA

We walked out of the open door and headed down a white corridor. The whole place is open-plan and white. We head towards the back entrance, and as we walk through some sliding doors, there are at least six people all looking at me.

My uncle smiles as soon as his eyes land on me. "Mya, please come and eat," he says, motioning toward the table. My cheeks blush, but I glance around and see Darius come over to us, but he doesn't take Stephanie's arm, he takes mine instead. "You look gorgeous, Mya," he says and kisses my cheek.

We walk to the table, which has been all laid out for a spread. Darius guides me to where I will be sitting, which is next to my uncle. I sit and watch as Darius sits with Steph on the opposite side.

Glancing around, I watch as two men come into view and smile at me. "Hey cuz, I'm Noah," says one. "And I'm Josh," the other one says. I smile and look over to see the driver who picked me up from the shop, he smiles at me. "I'm Mac, the beta of Darius and also Steph's bodyguard," he says as he takes his seat next to Noah.

I smile back.

My eyes move along until they land on the person next to Stephanie. A girl who is a younger version of her and looks around my age. "I'm Lexi," she says as I meet her eyes as she smiles. "I know we will be best of friends."

"It's nice to meet you all," I say quietly and turn to my uncle.

My mind races, as does my pulse. I needed to know one thing. "How long have I been here?" I ask him.

Tom's smile goes small, and he lets out a sigh. "You have been here for a week, Mya. You had a serious infection in your arm," he says, looking at the bandage on my arm. "What happened?"

My eyes lower, but I can feel everyone's eyes on me. I thought we wouldn't be asking questions.

I watch as my uncle's finger goes to my chin, and he tilts it up till I look up at him, and he smiles. "You are not in any trouble, Mya. I just want to know what has been happening in your life," he said. "You see, for the last six years, we had no word about you. Your father stopped answering my phone calls, and even your alpha stopped, too. We had no word about you."

I stared at him. This was all news to me. I let out a sigh, but I kept my eyes focused on him and no one else. "When mum passed..." I said but stopped. I tried to say but couldn't. I closed my eyes and let the words flow out of me as I looked at Anya, who gave me a nod.

Leaving out my mum, I began again. "I was forced to move into the pack, but I didn't like it there. My father told me that I would have to stay in the basement as I was not worthy of being anywhere else in the pack house," I whispered.

Even though my eyes were closed, I could hear everything. Growls erupted to the side of me, making me flinch. I kept a rough hand being placed in mine, but I knew who it was. His scent came toward me.

Slowly, opening my eyes, I looked at my uncle as a lone tear escaped as I continued to tell them what I could get out. "I kept running away, back to the house. It's the only place I know," I said. "After a few times of running away, both Jamie and my father didn't bother trying to get me to go back. I was left on my own and to my own devices."

"I had no money for anything," I said. "I had to steal food for the first few months and even look through the rubbish bins for gone-off food."

I sniffed slightly as a small smile appeared on my lips. "I was lucky in one aspect, though. Mum planted a vegetable garden with a few fruits. I had some of them for a few years, but then something began to change," I said. "Three years ago, Jamie started to bother with me, turning up at the house out of the blue with bags of clothes that other members of the pack didn't want and food.