Chapter 19

MYA

Uncle Tom moved away and motioned us to follow him. We walked behind him for a few minutes and headed into a little opening somewhere in the forest. There was more room and looked like some trees where missing.

I stopped and looked around, taking in the scenery. I never want to leave here, there was so much for Anya and I could do here. It was home now.

I looked toward uncle Tom who was staring at me. "Do you know how to shift?" he asked, which made me shake my head. "Mum didn't get around showing me," I muttered, feeling my heart break slightly at the mere mention of my mum.

Uncle Tom's eyes softened. "It's easy," he said, stepping closer to me and placed his hand on my arms. "Let Anya guide you. She will tell you what to do," he said with a smile. "Not only that, just close your eyes and let her take form. Invision her, and make sure you breath."

I nodded, but felt slightly awkward. I didn't want to undress in front of my uncle. "Um..." I said, looking around till I met his eyes again. "Where should I take my clothes off."

My uncle let out a laugh. He removed his arms from me and motioned to the tree behind me. "We will all go behind a tree to undress and shift. We can step out in our wolf forms," he said with a smile. "But I will wait until you have shifted, just in case you need me."

I nodded with a smile. Letting out a breath, I turned around and headed behind a tree. I didn't know if Lexi was doing the same but I didn't care. I needed to do this.

I stepped behind the tree and removed all my clothes, until I was completely naked. Closing my eyes, I looked back and stared at Anya who came closer. "Keep breathing," she said, letting her take form. "Don't think. Just let me do it all."

Bones started to crack, but there was minial pain and with one movement I was pushed back further into my head and stared through Anya's eyes. She shook out her fur and stretched, letting her claws dig into the ground. She looked around and sniffed.

"You okay?" I asked, which made her giggle.

"Perfect," she said, looking back at me. "I should go and introduce myself now." "You better have," I said with a smile.

Anya moved around the tree to find Lexi and Uncle Tom waiting. They both looked up and watched Anya approach them.

Lexi's mouth dropped open, but there was a massive grin on Tom's face. "Anya," he said, bending to her level. She walked over to him and cocked her head to the side. "Why is Lexi looking at me like that?" she asked, slightly confused.

"I don't know," I said with a shrug.

Anya looked back at Tom and moved toward him, placing her head on his. Tom laughed and put his hand on her head. He gently stroked. "Nice to meet you too," he said.

After a few smooths, Tom stood up and glanced at Lexi. "Let's shift," he said, making her nod. "We can let the wolves run around the forest to wear them out for a while. After a few hours, we can come back here and shift back. We can head home to have food. Mya and I can have that little discussion."

Anya nodded and sat on her hind legs. She watched them walk over to some trees. Lexi was the first to shift. I heard bones crunching, and then a golden wolf stepped out. Anya stood up and walked over to the wolf and smoothed against her.

The wolf nudged her until we heard more crouching coming from where Tom was. Anya looked back just as a massive black wolf came around. The wolf stared at us.

"Wow," I muttered, taking in my uncle's wolf.

"I know," she murmured and stepped toward him. The black wolf stared at her and nudged her when she came closer but looked around and let out a howl.