Chapter 10

MYA

Beep. Beep. Beep.

What the hell is that beeping noise?

Trying to open my eyes, but I can't seem to do it. I try to figure out what the hell happened but my mind draws a blank. My fingers grip underneath me, but I'm on something soft.

I try to move, but my arm feels heavy.

What the hell happened to me?

I looked to see Anya, but she was asleep.

Images flood like a living nightmare. Laura and her friends attacked me in the bathroom and sliced my arm. That's why my arm is heavy; something is on it, but I can't.

Towels and loads of blood flood my mind as I try to focus, but images of running to the pack house then finding out, but I scrunch up my face. No, I can't think about the rest. It was hard to bear. I didn't want to think about him.

Letting my face slack slightly, I try to clear my mind, but something shifts my focus. There is warmth on my face like I was bathing in the summer sun near the lake.

I slowly try to open my eyes, but the brightness that is coming in from somewhere is strong. I move my hands to my face and rub my eyes, as I gently shake my head. After a few seconds, I try to clear the fuzzy feeling in my head. I closed my eyes tighter and rubbed them again till everything became clearer.

I stare ahead at a pristine white ceiling. I blink a few times and try to move. Once I'm ready, I slowly start to sit up in the soft place and look around. I am in a white room with a few basic furniture, such as a dresser and three doors, one of which was open. My eyes look around till it comes to a huge door.

The sun beams through, which makes me scrunch up my face again. I look away and look down to find my one arm has wires in it and I am connected to a drip. I move over to the other arm, which feels heavy, and there is a thick white bandage on it. I try to move my arm, but it hurts.

I wince in pain, but I look towards the open door.

Needing to move and find out where the hell I am, I slowly get out of bed.

As I move my legs out of the bed but stop when I soon realize that I'm not in my usual clothing. Where the hell are my clothes? I am somehow in a nightie. I place my legs on the ground and hold onto the side of the bed. I slowly get up grab hold of the bedside table, and then hold onto the drip, placing my bad arm on my waist.

Once I get my bearings, I slowly step and wheel the drip with me to the odd door where the sun is shining through. There is some sort of netting on it. I grip it and pull it back.

My eyes widen as I take in the most beautiful view I have ever laid my eyes on—the ocean.

Where the hell was I? Heaven?

The sea was out, but you could hear the waves crashing over the rocks. The sun was bright in the sky. I couldn't help but look at the scene before me; it looked so magical.

Taking a step back, I look at what I thought was a window, but it was a door. I placed my hand on the handle, but it didn't move when I started to feel Anya stir in my head. I look back at her as she yawns. "Where are we?" she asks, shaking her head.

"You tell me," I ask in a whisper as I look back out the door.

Anya moved and looked through my eyes. "Wow," she muttered. "This looks—"

"You're are awake?" Came a familiar voice. I turn around and see Stephanie standing behind me wearing a red maxi dress. Her brown hair pulled up in a high ponytail.