Chapter 6

MYA

I ran all the way home from the pack house. My blood soaked the badges wrapped around my arm. I had to get home.

As I head straight to the door, I slip on my own blood as I enter. I move up and close the door. I slid back down and leaned against till my butt hit the floor, trying to wrap my head around everything that happened to me.

My mind was racing with images flooding my mind from Laura slicing my arm and butchering me in the bathroom to finding out that Connor's my mate.

The worst part that invaded me the most was learning that my father and the alpha knew about Connor being my mate. That also meant Jamie knew about it, too. It would explain the way he has been acting toward me for the last few years. The Alpha and my father wanted to reject me and make me an Omega. That was probably the worst blow anyone would receive, knowing that my father wanted that for me. Why would he hate me so much?

A lone tear escapes as I let the realization set in. My father hated me from the moment I was born, but for him to wish me to be something I am not and not to follow in his steps meant that I was nothing to him.

A loud growl erupted inside my head, pulling me back from my thoughts as I looked back to see Anya. "We need to leave," she says. "We need to leave now."

I look back and down at myself. Anya is right; we needed to leave. It was the only option I had to make sure I didn't suffer more. Only I could do this.

I get up from the floor and walk over to the kitchen as I start to unwrap all the badges off my arm. As the final layer leaves my arm, more blood slips past. The pain I could handle, but I was losing a lot of blood.

I opened a drawer in the kitchen where some towels were stored. I just needed something to cover it.

I grab three of them, only placing one on my arm tightly, and turn around to grab the first aid kit. I head toward the stairs and straight to my room. I held the towel tightly as I walked into my bedroom. I knew I had some badges upstairs ever since Laura started bullying and getting beaten by her every day. It got worse over the last few weeks.

I grab the badges and the first aid kit and walk over to my bed. I sat down and removed the blood-soaked towel, and placed another one over it. I quickly grab a badge and start to wrap my arm up tight with it, adding the third towel on top and then placing another badge over them.

After I was done, I looked at myself. The badge looked huge and bulky, but it should stop the bleeding for now.

I quickly move off the bed and grab a bag from the floor. I pulled out all of my books from the bag and threw them onto my bed. I move quickly around the room, filling the bag with clothes and some essentials.

"Don't forget your money," Anya blurts out, coming closer and looking through my eyes. I look up and catch us. I have one green eye and the other blue. We are together.

I say nothing as I go to my closet and pull out an old sock with rolled money in it. I hid it just in case I ever decided to leave. When I started cleaning, I kept my money saved, only using it for things I needed, which wasn't a lot. I didn't eat a lot as no one would give me any food, even if I did have money.

I placed the sock into my bag but only took out a few dollars just in case I needed it and put them into the pack of my pocket.

I look around. Our eyes look at the photo on the bedside table. I grab it and place it in the bag, too. I don't have much anyway, so I was carrying light.

We were about to leave when I spotted the card from this morning on the floor, It must have dropped on the floor when I threw everything out. I bend down and grab it, remembering that the card had a phone number on it.