Chapter 13

TOM

My heart ached as I watched my niece leave and head back inside.

My heart breaks at everything she just told us.

"We need to cut ties with them," Darius blurts out once the girls where out ear shot.

I look toward everyone. They all nod in agreement with him "Father, we can't let them get away with this," Noah said. "They haven't treated her well, and it shows."

I said nothing, as more mumbles came. "We need to do something sir," Mac blurts. "I watched that girl in the car and on the plane, many times both you and I know we nearly lost her a few times due to that injury that girl inflicted on her. The infection was really bad."

I look at him. He's right. That plane ride here was pure hell. We all had to watch and wait for the pack doctor to check over her. Mya had that big cut on her arm which was the laced with wolfs bane. But that wasn't just half of it, she also had major injuries to her upper body, and don't get me started on the bruises we saw when the doctor lifted up her top to check. There were old and new bruises. Mya looked like a painting collage of colors on her torso.

I sigh.

"I know we all want justice for Mya," I said, making everyone stop talking. "We will, but at the moment we will have to wait."

A few growls echoed as I moved in my seat and look back at my sons and Mac. "We need to find out if they are looking for her first," I said, which made my wolf grunt. "Hardly," he muttered in my head.

Ignoring him, I continued. "If they are then we deal with it," I said. "But if they don't ring or anything then we will start to pull back on the trades we have with them."

Darius glares at me, but I don't let him speak.

"I know everyone here wants their heads. I do too, but we have to do this the right way," I say, staring at him. "We need to make sure they are not looking for her. We are still their meal ticket. Once there is no word in a month's time, we will pull back trade."

No one said anything, but I continued. "We will ask our neighbors who have joined them to pull back also," I said, knowing when they learn what has been going on there and with what happened to my sister, they all will leave. "We will hold a meeting and give everyone evidence of what they did to Mya and more."

Everyone stared. "How will we have evidence about Mya?" Josh asks with a frown.

I go to open my mouth but someone beats me to it. "Because I collected some from the pack when I was there," Stephanie grits out as she sits back next to Darius.

Her eyes land on me and soften. "Lexi is with her. I left them to it," she said. "I wouldn't be surprised she cries herself to sleep."

Steph stops and looks at me before she continues. "I think you're right. We wait for a month. In that time, we can train Mya and help her in any way we can to get back to healthy," she said with a smile. "Once she is better, she can help run the pack with all of us."

I smile, liking the idea.

"I have a question," Noah asks, making me look at him. "Has she shifted at all?"

Stephanie shrugs. "I never saw her shift when I was at the pack," she said. "She always stayed in human form. But I won't be surprised due to her size. It must hurt her when she does, especially being that skinny." He nods as anger swipes back in. "Why do you ask?" Steph asks.

Noah looks at me with a wry look.

I know why; my sister, Maria, contacted me and told me she had shifted before her. She told me what color. I thought my sister was joking, but she was adamant about it. Mya had shifted into a red wolf, which is a rare form of wolf in our family.