𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

Not gonna lie i put publishing this chapter off for as long as i could because i really wanted yall to STRUGGLE but i couldnt wait any longer, love u guys <3

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

"I hope you're waking me up for something more important than an old mans health."

"They survived, I don't know how. We picked them up on a surveillance camera."

"Let me see, I need to see for myself."

"That's her, that's them. It is truly them. The arena has moved underground." Snow smiled.

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

"This isn't sketchy at all." Rhosyn said as the group made their way down the tunnel. It was extremely quiet where they were besides a distant sound of water running.

"It's clear." Katniss said, putting down the halo.

"This is disgusting." Johanna dragged her feet through the sewage water.

"Could be worse, I guess." Rhosyn said back.

The couple bickered back and forth, earning looks from the entire group, and laughs from Finnick and Koa.

It did get worse.

They were walking in chest high water now. Everyone cursed them silently for jinxing it.

"We can take a break here." Jackson announced, and the group climbed a small ladder that led to a small platform away from the water.

The group settled down, ready to get some rest.

"Peeta, you can tuck in there." Finnick pointed to a spot next to where Koa and Finnick were sitting. Rhosyn and Johanna sat right next to them, but left a few feet in-between.

The group fell asleep rather quickly, and it was extremely quiet. Koa had woken up a few times from small nightmares, but Finnick always shushed her silently back to sleep. Koa hated how she always woke him up, but he assured her it was okay.

When it was Katniss's turn to watch, Koa and Finnick had tuned in and out. They both heard Peeta asking Katniss about things being real and not real, which made them smile.

"We'll be okay, real or not real?" Finnick whispered to Koa, looking down at her in his lap. He never asked her that.

"Real."

Koa and Finnick watched as Rhosyn and Johanna sat in the ocean. The two stood next to each other, going over and under the waves. They were so far away, but it was peaceful. It looked like they were in District Four.

Koa laid on the sand, her head resting on Finnick's thigh. He was fidgeting with his seashell necklace and she was playing with her wedding ring. 

Rhosyn and Johanna kept dunking each other under water, and their laughs were heard.

It was too peaceful.

Rumbling quickly filled Koa's ears. She immediately sat up, Finnick looked at her with confusion, but she looked out at the ocean. What were those things?

They were after Johanna and Rhosyn. Rhosyn and Koa seemed to be the only ones to notice them.

Rhosyn tried dragging Johanna out of the water, but she failed. She tried running to Koa. But the beasts were attacking Koa and Finnick on the beach too. She could only protect one.

"Koa!"

"Rho?"

Koa shot up in a cold sweat, her body shaking. Finnick hugged her from behind, but she didn't calm down.