𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

"What wish should I make?" Rhosyn whispered, holding a small cupcake in her hand with a candle on top, a flame burning on the top of it.

Kekoa smiled at the girls tiny bit of happiness, she was smiling, for the first time in a while. Kekoa had asked Snow to get her just something small for her birthday, and she was surprised when he had actually done something, although it was just a cupcake, it had given Rho happiness.

"You can't tell us, right?" Peeta murmured from his cell, and the two girls looked at him. "That's how wishes work." Rhosyn thought for a second and nodded, blowing out the candle, before taking it off and eating the cupcake bit by bit.

It was funny to Kekoa, Rhosyn's room was squeaky clean, and everything was neat. Yet her room was almost full of crimson red, and Peeta's was messy all over the place from him struggling against peacekeepers and doctors.

"Is it good?" Kekoa asked Rhosyn, and she shrugged.

"Peeta could bake a better one." Rhosyn stated, smiling, which also made the boy show a small smile. 

"If we ever get out of here, maybe you could bake us some stuff?"

"That'd be nice." Peeta said, and the two girls smiled. His mood had almost instantly gotten better once they had mentioned escaping, but also him getting back to his normal routine. Baking, decorating, and painting.

"If I ever get married, bake my wedding cake." Rhosyn smiled, taking another small bite of the cupcake. "Koa's too." 

"You two should try to make my cake." Peeta said, laughing for the first time in who knows how long. This made Rhosyn laugh as well, she knew Koa had never touched a baking product in her life.

"Has Snow talked to you about Finnick?" Rhosyn asked quietly, not knowing if it was a sensitive subject right now or not, and Kekoa shook her head.

"Nothing besides critical condition." Kekoa whispered, and tears started welling up into her eyes. "He probably hates me."

"Koa, no." Rhosyn attempted to get her mind away from the place it was at, but she knew nothing she said would be able to change the other girls mind. "Remember when I first got sent into the games?"

Koa looked up at her, and she didn't know what to say, so she just nodded.

"You two were like the parents I never had. You supported me, both of you did." Rhosyn smiled at the memory. "You always made sure I was okay, you always gave me attention I'd never gotten before. You two always were with each other, and whenever you got into a small argument, Finnick always told me he could never hate you."

"You know in the quell," Peeta had started talking too. "When we couldn't find you, Finnick could barely even sleep, he didn't know if you were okay. He didn't say much, but he told me just a day without you was one of the worst things he'd experience." 

Finnick, her missing half, he could never hate her. That's what her heart was saying, but her brain was telling her so many different things, she didn't know what was going on, but she couldn't get her mind straight on anything.

"He talks about you all the time, at least from what I heard." Peeta continued. "You talk about him all the time, too. Whenever you do, you always look happy."

"Yeah, he makes me really happy." Koa stated after a moment of silence. "My family wasn't the best, he taught me how to be a person." 

"And you two taught me what it's like to be treated like one." Rhosyn smiled.

The three of them talked about their families. The three of them shared a moment over their depressing lives and families, and shared a small laugh when they realized their homes lives aren't that different from one another.