𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

"Why are you acting like that towards Peeta?" Koa whispered to Katniss.

"What way?" She answered so coldy. Koa responded with a knowing glare, and Katniss scoffed. Why was she acting so bitchy?

"Ever since Peeta met you, he's done everything he can to protect you. You have to protect him now." Katniss didn't answer. Koa didn't want to cause a strain in their friendship, but she cared for Peeta so deeply not to say anything. "He needs you more than ever."

"You're punishing him for things that are out of his control." Koa said. "If it were you that got hijacked, would he be treating you like this?" 

Koa stopped walking with Katniss and instead walked next to Rhosyn and Johanna, listening to their conversation instead and leaving Katniss to herself. 

"What happened up there? You look pissed." Johanna said.

"I'm sick of people treating Peeta less than a human. They don't understand what he went through." Koa shook her head slightly. "It's stupid."

"I think they just expect him to be better already because we are." Rhosyn shrugged. "But he got it bad. They manipulated him in a more hateful way."

"Pod here." Boggs announced. "Split up." 

The group split up onto different sides of the arch. Koa went to go with the girls- but Jackson dragged her over to the other side. 

Boggs threw a rock, and a bunch of guns started firing, making Koa and everyone else flinch at the sudden shots.

Koa watched Peeta hit the side of his head repeatedly with the end of his gun. He was stressing out badly, and she frowned. She looked down at the girl in front of her, she saw Katniss just staring at him. Koa couldn't see her facial expression.

The next few moments were a blur, but the walls around them were destroyed. Eventually, bullets stopped sounding.

"Gale and Koa with me. Leegs take the wings."  Boggs went first while the four followed him.

Before turning the corner, Finnick looked at her with worry, and Koa winked. Mouthing 'it's okay.' Finnick stood up and she rounded the corner fully, leaving him out of sight.

Koa and Gale hugged the two walls parallel to eachother.

Grey smoke appeared in her vision and she immediately crouched down, shielding her head from the explosion.

Explosion, bomb, destruction.

Life-taking.

Boggs.

Koa stood up and immediately ran to Boggs's side. Gale and Katniss followed. Koa pulled out a cloth and wrapped it around Boggs' thigh. He was missing both of his legs. She tried tying it off to stop the flow, but it wasn't working.

He wouldn't make it.

She couldn't hear anything at first, her ears were ringing, but one voice came into her head first.

"Koa!" Finnick yelled from behind and he was walking towards her. She started waving him off.

"No! Finnick, stay over there!" She pointed to Peeta and Finnick nodded, staying back.