𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Koa had gotten home late last night, she had barely gotten any sleep. As soon as she had laid down in her own bed, she had only gotten about one hour of shuteye before her father walked into her room and woke her up.

"Remember, no sleeping long Kekoa. If you get put into the games, you must know how to just take small naps." He ripped the blankets off of her, making her groan in slight annoyance, but she immediately shut up once he rose a brow at her.

"I'll get dressed, leave please." Koa said to him, and he left the room without hesitation, shutting the door behind him. Getting up from her bed, she rubbed her eyes awake, taking in the nice sea-green color of her room. If it were up to her, she would want to stay in her room the rest of her life.

She looked in her wardrobe, not sure what dress to wear exactly. She ended up pulling a light blue dress out, that went down to her knees and had long ruffled sleeves. She put it on, looking in the mirror, ready for The Reaping to occur.

Koa Hades is a confident girl. She's strong since she's been training for years. However, nightmares came and went of last year's Reaping.

Willow Hades, Koa's younger sister, had been picked. Koa Hades was the reason Willow Hades, her kind and innocent younger sister, was dead.

Koa took a deep breath, begging the tears that brimmed in her eyes to go away. She still felt like Willow was with her all the time, haunting her over letting her die. She should've volunteered, but she hesitated, which cost her sister's life.

Her family had never been good, but once Willow died in the arena, her mother refused to even look at her. Her father had started being extra tough in fights, and her brother had started practically harassing her.

She only had two years left of The Reaping, and she could finally move on.

She exited her room and looked up to see her brother standing there in fancy attire. Her brother was 18, it would be his last year of The Reaping, he was almost free, unlike her, who had two years to go.

"Kind of hoping you get picked, you get the pain Willow did." He spat at her, and Koa's mouth straightened into a line, not letting the comment get to her. "Coward." Aamon walked out of the house, and she sighed, continuing to get ready. She slipped on normal black flats, not wanting to wear heels out there for however long.

She still had some time before the reaping and pulled out her father's journal from his experience of the games. The journal included his kills, how he killed them, his plans, and what to avoid. She read it every year.

"Why do you avoid the middle area?"

"The Cornucopia? Because everyone dies there." Koa answered, and Willow winced. She wasn't ready for a fight, she shook at the mention of a sword or any weapon for that matter. She was a small brunette girl, her hair was down, and two small braids making their way to the back of her head. "Sorry."