𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐞

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Days have passed, and the two have yet to run into the careers yet. Kekoa had a feeling that they would be in the middle, but didn't want to risk Liu's life. Only one cannon had gone off that morning.

Liu was finally sponsored some food by her mentor, while Kekoa was sponsored some bread and fresh water by Finnick, who she thanked in a whisper, hoping he was watching. Liu eyed Kekoa with a small smile on her face.

"What are you looking at?" Kekoa asked, looking back at Liu after catching the smaller girl looking at her, but Liu just shrugged.

"Your mentor was the winner of the 65th games, right? My mom told me about him." Liu said, continuing to eat her newly sponsored food. Kekoa slowly nodded. "You two are cute." Liu smirked and Kekoa furrowed her eyebrows, not knowing what she was on about. 

"Uh, I don't know."

"You don't know?" Liu asked, and Kekoa just shrugged and continued eating, making Liu roll her eyes in annoyance. "You don't have a crush on him or anything?" Kekoa eyed Liu suspiciously. 

"Crush?"

"It's when you like someone a lot and your heart gets happy when they're around." Liu smiled, explaining the word to Kekoa, who hadn't really heard it before. She was guessing it was related to relationships and marriages, at least the aftermath of a crush.

"Do you have a crush?" Kekoa asked Liu, and after a moment of silence, Liu nodded smiling. 

"Yeah, he's back at home. He's fourteen, year older than me." Liu explained and Koa listened, slightly interested in knowing more.

"What's his name?"

"I can't say it, they are watching us." Liu whispered and she smiled. Kekoa knew Liu liked him, just from talking about crushes for a short time, Liu's mood had gone up, and her face had a smile plastered on it, and it didn't seem to want to go away thinking about the boy.

"It's just us two left, then the other four right?" Liu asked and Kekoa nodded. "One of them is your brother?"

"Yeah, he's always been out for me." Kekoa shrugged. "We don't exactly get along, he think's I'm a monster of some kind."

Kekoa and Liu packed up their stuff and decided to get a move on. After the two almost ran into the careers, they needed to go back to Kekoa's rocky beach spot, since the cave the two were saying at was located on the north side, which is where the careers went.

As the two traveled, Liu kept talking about Finnick and Koa just listened, not saying much. Eventually she moved topics and started talking about their home districts.

Kekoa stopped moving for a second, leaving a confused Liu to stare at her, until she noticed it as well. The volcano on the island had a ton of smoke coming from the top of it, and the ground was shaking.