𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Finnick, Peeta, and Katniss stood, watching a giant wave collapse a part of the jungle, completely bringing down the trees. Hearing a female scream, Finnick's heart dropped instantly, a cannon went off soon after.

"Could that have been?" Katniss looked to Peeta and Finnick, and Finnick stared off into the jungle where the wave had just hit.

"No, no it couldn't be. It wasn't her." Finnick shook his head, not believing that Koa could've died yet. Peeta put a hand on the man's shoulder, silently assuring him. "She couldn't have made it that far in just a few hours. She's still in here somewhere."

Peeta, Finnick, and Katniss all took a step back as the giant wave remnants washed right below their feet. They looked out into the water, then to the sky as a hovercraft hovered over the forest. A claw of some sort reached down into the trees, picking up what was presumed to be the dead woman, and flew away.

"There." Katniss pointed to three figures on the beach, who had just emerged from the jungle. The trio stepped back behind a bush, making sure they weren't noticeable, but Finnick stepped forward again, trying to get a good look at them.

"What are they, Muttations?" Peeta asked, but Finnick started slowly walking towards them, then slowly gained speed into a run.

"Johanna!" Finnick ran to the three red figures, and one of them looked his way.

"Finnick!"

The two reunited and hugged while Katniss and Peeta made their way over to them.

"We thought it was rain, you know, because of the lightning! But when it started coming down, it turned out to be blood." Johanna had an angry look on her face, raising her voice. "Thick, hot blood. You couldn't even speak without choking. We were all blind, that's when Blight hit the force field." Johanna looked out into the middle, wiping some of the blood away from her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Johanna." Finnick apologized to her, but Johanna didn't seem that phased.

"Well, he wasn't much. But he was from home." Johanna directed her attention to the other two that were covered in blood. "He left me with these two." She rose her axe, gesturing towards the two District 3 members. "Where's Koa?" 

"She ran off after we left the cornucopia yesterday, was hoping she was with you." The hope that was once in Finnick's eyes faded, but Johanna shook her head, placing a hand his shoulder.

"Kekoa is a badass, she's probably fine." Finnick understood, but it didn't help his worry.

"Tick-tock. Tick-tock." Johanna groaned, rolling her eyes as she listened to Wiress repeat the same statement over and over. 

"Yeah, tick-tock, tick-tock. Nuts is in shock."

"What happened to her?" Katniss asked, referring to Wiress.