𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 & 𝐂𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐚𝐫

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

"No, no! Koa, help me!" Willow yelled as she watched her sister being dragged away to the double doors of the building along with the male tribute who went willingly. Koa covered her mouth, crying from her sister's screams.

"Willow!" Koa screamed amongst the crowd, but peacekeepers held her back. Willow was gone, it was late to volunteer.

"Why the hell didn't you volunteer?!" Her father screamed at her once they had gotten back to the house.

"I don't. I don't know." Koa's voice shook, she looked at her hands which were trembling and tears spilled from her eyes down her cheeks and onto the floor.

"Bullshit!" Her father grabbed her shoulder, shoving her down onto the floor. "Why are you so emotional? This is why I preferred another son over a daughter. You can't fight, you girls are scared of everything!" Koa sobbed as her father kneed her stomach, the door slammed shut.

"Willow!" Koa yelled, her eyes shot open and she slowly lifted herself from the mattress. Some of her hair stuck to her face, and she pulled them off, noticing she was now sweating. She heard a knock at the door, which she ignored, but it happened again. Groaning, she got up and walked to the door, opening it.

Finnick Odair stood in the doorway, his eyes only slightly open.

"I heard you yelling, are you alright?" He asked, and Koa maintained eye contact with him.

"Yeah, sorry. Won't happen again." Koa went to shut the door, but Finnick held a hand out, stopping her from closing it.

"You don't need to say sorry, don't worry. Just making sure you're really up for this." Finnick gave her a reassuring smile.

"Does it really matter if I'm up for it or not?"

Finnick sighed, and gave her a sad look. He backed up and walked away, and Koa silently shut the door.

She looked at the bed she just got up from, not wanting to lie down and try to sleep again. Memories of her sister haunted her, she wasn't able to sleep long before getting woken up. She stared out the giant window, which covered an entire wall of her room.

She asked herself if this is the exact view her sister saw before she went into the games.

Aamon and Koa had been training for the games since they were little. Although Aamon would always beat her in a physical fight, she always thought she had the upper hand when it came to weapons due to her agility with a spear and his slowness with a machete.

Willow however was a peaceful girl. She didn't like fighting, and always strongly refused to fight her siblings or anyone for that matter. When she was sent into the games, Koa knew she wouldn't survive, but she had hoped she would deep down.