𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐅𝐚𝐤𝐞

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Dreadful, the days were dreadful.

Peeta Mellark hadn't been speaking lately.

He's been fighting with his own mind, trying to remember who he was, but with all the medicine and syringes, he couldn't. Every now and then, whispers could be heard from his bedside. 

"District 12, baker, painter, victor." And some other mumbling.

Rhosyn Hart spent days to herself. 

Although she had hardly been touched physically, her worst nightmare had come true. Being alone again, and losing her family. She could see Kekoa from her bed, suffering, she was losing her bit by bit.

Rhosyn Hart was taken out of her cell the other day, just to see her entire family killed. Siblings, two older and two younger, murderer. Parents, murderer. They never paid attention to her, but they were the only people she was technically related to.

Kekoa Hades was turned into a weapon.

That was their plan, at least that's what she thought. Get her to go on a killing spree, turn her mind into a weapon. After killing her father, she was forced to kill other victors that the Capitol had caught as well.

She was going to be forced to kill Rhosyn Hart's family, but she refused, she got a beating for that. A beating consisting of whips, stabbings, electrocutions, blood rain. 

Then there was the mental beating. Finnick's screams, Finnick's words of hate towards her. She didn't believe them, but she couldn't quite piece together something.

She saw Finnick on an airship with Katniss, or somewhere. They had only met during the games, he had to be in thirteen. But what if he wasn't? What if Snow wasn't lying, if he had actually died?

He could never hate her, right?

"I want you." 

She couldn't piece in her mind what exactly what was real or fake, but she just started not believing anything she was seeing or hearing. It would be better to just not believe it.

She looked down at her arm. It was full of scars from whips and knives. She felt really light headed. 

She would see Liu's dead body, hear her cries. Willow's body, and her cries.

Kekoa wanted to cry, but soldiers do not cry. She always tried to be strong, but it wasn't working. She felt like some type of puppet. She tried to fight it as much as she could.

"We're going to be okay."

Finnick's words echoed throughout her mind, she kept repeating phrases he has told her throughout the years, it made her feel okay in a way, even though it wasn't.

"No matter what, we will be together. Promise? Kekoa, I'm right here."

Wait, no, that wasn't how it went. He didn't call her Kekoa.

She looked up with the small amount of strength she had left. Finnick was there. No, it wasn't him. She blinked a few times, but he was still there. But he was grayish looking, he didn't match with the color of the room.

She shook her head repeatedly. If she started imagining him, she'd just miss him more. She wouldn't be able to touch it. 

The hallucination kneeled before her, and she reached a hand out to touch it, but her hand went right through it. Her hand started shaking, and she immediately pulled away.

"I could never hate you, darling." It whispered to her. She was making it up, but she really wished it was him. Who knew a girl raised for slaughter could fall so weak when missing a boy.