Half Breed

Jaide pov

Jaide pov

My eldest brothers and I were stunned into silence at Casey's outburst. Him and Kyle were fighting, over a girl of all things.

Kyle let's out a dry laugh and says something that makes my blood run cold. Out eldest brothers shoot Kyle a dirty look as Casey shoots them a heartbroken look. He comes over to me grabbing my hand and pulling me out the door.

Eventually he let go of my hand, he wraps his arm around me instead. Pulling me in close. I appreciated the comfort.

Somehow we end up at the entrance to our cave we go to all the time. Wordlessly we climb up on the ledge and just sit down next to each other.

It's a few minutes before he speaks "you know Kyle didn't mean that right?"

My breath hitches as I nod.

"I know but he didn't have to use it in an argument"

"I know" he whispered.

I shiver a bit pulling my sleeves down and burrow into Casey a bit more. The wind has picked up, my hair keeps getting in my face. There is a clap of thunder and then it starts to rain.

I let out a whimper as Casey pulls me up and we go into the cave itself. He pulls me back down as we begin to wait out the storm.

I'm not sure how long it lasts as I fall asleep, but I slowly register to a familiar voice calling for us. Its Kyle.

I glare at the cave wall in front of me, Casey had also fallen asleep. His head leaning on my shoulder. I move slowly laying him down and make my way out.

I sit on the ledge legs hanging as I call out to Kyle, he spins around spotting me. "Jay, your ok! Is Casey with you?" He asks worry stretched across his face.

I roll my eyes "yes we are fine. You don't have to worry about us, remember? We're not even related to you" I scoff.

I watch as pain crosses his face, he bites his lip "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that"

I scoff again "Sure you are. Look we will come home when we are ready" I snap.

Ignoring what he says after that I crawl back into the cave, Casey has woken up. "He does care and you know it. Don't let this ruin your relationship with him" I shoot him a glare.

I stand up, and walk off further into the cave ignoring his calls. I turn down a different corner instead of going to the pool.

I keep walking until the dead end then I drop down curling into a ball. It turns out that Casey and I aren't even real Braxtons. Our dad was Johnny Barrett. Which sucked but it also turned out I have a brother 2 weeks older then me. Josh, he's kind of an asshole and I don't think he knows. There is also apparent another one, close in age to Heath and Brax. His name is Andy.