snappy and stranded

For some reason, Jaide was in a bad mood today. First she had been woken up by someone banging on the door. It was her mum.

Her mum had then said something nasty to her and she snapped back which got her slapped.

She was going to go for a walk but she was grounded, thankfully her brothers kept reminding her of it. She didn't have her phone or laptop.

She wasn't allowed out of the house without one of her brothers and she just wanted 5 minutes to herself.

Her mum kept hassling her about getting a job to start helping her brother around the house. Jaide didn't want to, she wanted to focus on school and then hopefully go to uni.

It didn't take long for Jaide to snap. It had been a long almost 3 weeks and she was over everyone's shit.

It was only her and Heath home when their mum came over. Kyle and Casey was out and Brax at work, Heath tried to stay out of his mum and sisters issues today was no different.

*****JAIDE POV*****

"Just shut up about it! I don't want to get a job I want to actually graduate highschool and go to uni!" I scream.

There's a smack and stinging of my cheek, mum just hit me. Again. "Don't you dare talk to me like that" she growls.

"Mum?!" Heath gasps in shock.

Spinning on my heel I storm off, passing Kyle, he goes to ask something but I ignore him and keep going for the front door.

He turns around reaching for me "Your grounded, Jay"

Glaring at him "I don't care" I spit. Opening the door to leave.

His face turns Sour. "Jaiden" he warns. Shutting the door I take a step back in and face him fully.

Once he sees the red mark on my face, his face softens. "Go" he nods "I'll deal with them"

I nod and take off, the door slamming shut behind me. I head towards the beach, hoping Casey would be there. I couldn't fully remember how to get to our secret place or where he kept my swimmers for times like this.

Either way I was determined to find him, getting to the beach I scan it for my brother. I can't see him.

Reluctantly, I head to Angelo's hoping he's there. Walking inside I can't see him anywhere but Brax spots me. He comes over to me pulling me away.

"What are you doing out? You're grounded" he scolds.

I roll my eyes "mum slapped me" I mumble, gesturing to my face.

He narrows his eyes, hand coming to my chin to inspect it. "Why?"

I sigh, "she wants me to drop school and get a job. I told her to give it a rest, I wanted to graduate and go to uni"

He nods "you still shouldn't be out" he motions for me to follow him. We're heading to the bar "Kyle let me go" I tell him.

I hear a "of course he did" under his breath. "OK, I'll let it go. Your a day away from being out." He grabs my phone from the safe under the bar handing it to me.

I grin "thanks, hey. Have you seen Casey?" I ask.

Shaking his head "nah, why? What's up?" I shake my head.

"It's all good. We found a place to swim at and I can't remember how to get there" I tell him.

"The one in the caves?" He asks.

I nod, "he told me about that place. I think I know how to get there. Do you have swimmers?"

I shake my head, "he had a place where he stashed a spare pair"