𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

BIRDIE CARRINGTON

"Why'd the stalker threaten me to get to you?" I ask as I stare up at Cade

Everyone else left after we decided to have another meeting Tuesday and to not tell anybody outside of this group about what had happened.

Especially the police. One, we didn't want the stalker to get mad and actually hurt one of us and two, well we didn't want any of our secrets to get out.

I don't want anything to happen to my mother.

I care about her.

When has she ever cared about you?

She does care. She's my mother.

"Because I care about you." Cade says as he looks down at me with those dark grey almost black eyes.

Did I mention how cute he is.

He's really cute.

Focus Birdie Focus-

Wait...did he just say he cares about me?

Besides my friends no one has ever really said that to me before.

And from some reason when he says it my heart beats super fast and my cheeks feel hot.

What is happening to me?

I can only think of one thing to say and it's a general question that I have. "Why would you care about me?" I drag out the word me a little longer than the others.

"Why wouldn't I care about you?" He asks as if it's the dumbest thing ever that I implied he didn't care for me.

"I don't know. No one except my friends have ever really said they cared about me. Let alone someone I just met a week ago." I smile even though what I just said was a little sad, whenever I'm near him I want to smile.

My heart skips a beat at the thought.

"I find that very hard to believe. Your special Birdie and it's hard not to like you. Trust me I've tried." He mutters that last part.

About how he tried not to like me.

That makes my heart sink a little.

But why? I've heard worse from my mother.

Maybe because you like him.

"Why did you try not to like me?" I try to hide the disappointment in my voice but it doesn't work.

"Because you're too good for me. I'd crush your delicate heart in no time. And frankly I would never want to hurt you." He pauses. "Did you walk here?"

"Yes I did." I nod trying to ignore the first sentence he just said.

I fail terribly.

He really does care. He would never want to hurt me.

Even though he said it doesn't mean he means it. It wouldn't be the first time someone used your naiveness and niceness against you.

"I'll be honest walk you back. I don't want anything to happen to you considering there's a stalker after us now. I don't even like the fact that they texted you." He's says.

And it makes me smile.

I hook my arm around his like I did the day we met and also the day I bumped into him thinking it was a wall.

I look up and see a slight twitch in his lips.

Maybe he's remembering that day too.

Another smile touches my lips and I decide to ignore my mean conscious.

I just hope I don't get let down this time.

AUTHORS NOTE:

What does Birdie mean by it wouldn't be the first time someone used her.

I love Birdie and Cade.

What about you. Who's your favorite couple?

Officially hit 500 reads!!

I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote!