𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

ASHER DOREEN

Seeing Emberly's small body shaking and curled up in a small ball on the shower floor almost ruined me

No. Not almost, it did.

I never thought I was capable of feeling so heartbroken but last night proved me wrong.

So very wrong.

It ruined me worse than when she jumped into my arms because the stalker was chasing her.

For the first time in my life I felt...scared.

Scared that I would loose her.

Loose the one girl who has made me feel something. A girl who is more than just a quick fuck.

She more.

She's mine.

She's currently curled around my body with her arm wrapped around my torso and her leg wrapped around my mine.

I peak down at her now peaceful tear stained face and see that she's fast asleep against my chest.

I lightly stroke her hair, careful not to wake her up and slip out of bed.

She stirs a little but doesn't wake up and I take that as my sign to walk out of my bedroom door and quietly close the door.

I silently descend the stairs and walk through the empty house to the kitchen.

I open the fridge and rummage around till I find all the ingredients I need to make my mother's famous pancakes.

Well famous in our family anyway.

Once the pancake mix is down I go to wash my hands when I hear my new favorite voice say something from up stairs.

I can't make out what she's saying though.

I hear Her tiny footsteps patter across the floor up stairs.

As she gets closer to the stair case I hear a faint cry.

"Asher? Asher where are you?" I can practically hear the tears forming in her beautiful eyes.

Shit.

I leave the pancake mix on the counter and rush up the stairs.

She probably thought I was gone. That the stalker had gotten me.

She's facing the away from the stair case and her body is shaking violently by the time I get to her.

I can't tell if the shaking is from the fact that she's only wearing a pair of my boxers and a T-shirt or if it's from the fact that she's scared.

Probably both.

I go up behind her and turn her around into my arms.

I lightly stroke her hair like I did the night before and whisper calming words.

"It's okay. Your okay. I'm right here shortcake."

She lifts her head slightly and looks me in the eyes. "I-I thought y-you w-we're gone-."

"I know what you thought but I'm here. Nothings going to happen to me or you. You're safe with me."

She looks into my eyes and the look that she gives me makes my heart shatter.

What is this girl doing to me.

"You promise?" She sniffs.

"Yeah...of course I promise." I pull her farther into me and think about the promise I just made.

The one I have to keep.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Sorry for not posting in a while I've been busy with school.

Birdie's chapter next!

I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote!