𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

EMBERLY SAWYER

Left. Right. Jump. Spin. And land.

Come on you can do this.

I get into formation, soft music flowing through the speakers and echoing through out the arena.

It's empty now.

That's why I always come at this time. I'm not a very big people person and ice-skating is just for me.

A way to unleash my demons and be free.

Not that I've ever tried performing in front of others, I mean why would I want to, people are mean and cruel and frankly just plain annoying.

Why would I want people I don't even know judging me and making me hate something that makes me feel happy and free.

I say the words over and over in my head.

Left. Right. Jump. Spin. And land.

And I do just that.

The motions that I once thought were hard come easy as I glide on the ice.

I feel every movement and tingle of excitement in my body as I jump in the air.

My body spins in the air and lands as if that's what it was meant to do.

I did it.

A double lutz.

"I did it! I did it!" I can feel my wide smile as I clap my gloved hands together.

Except I'm not the only one clapping.

"Well done Shortcake!" Asher grins as he shouts across the arena.

I must have been so caught up in the excitement and the feeling of ice skating that I didn't notice he was there.

He's wearing a black sweatshirt and some grey sweatpants.

On a girl, that would be a normal outfit but on a hot and I mean hot guy like Asher it's anything but normal.

Hell, my panties dampen at just the sight.

No! Snap out off it Emberly.

He's a jackass.

I skate to the door and step of the ice. "What are you doing here?"

"Mom sent me to come get you." He steps down of the bleachers.

"I could've walked. Your house is like 5 minutes away." I say I as I untie my laces and slip on my somewhat beaten down Ugg's.

"That no way to treat a guest now is it. Letting them walk alone in the dark." I can hear the arrogance with every word.

"Whatever, let's just go." I roll my eyes as I push past him.

But I don't miss the way I hear a small laugh slip from his mouth.

As we hop in the car he speaks, "I need to make a quick stop first."

I internally cruse.

I just want to go home my feet hurt like a bitch.

I guess I should be grateful that I don't have to walk.

We soon pull up at a what looks like batmans fucking mansion in comparison to my house.

I may live in Asher's mansion now but I'll never get used to anything like that lifestyle.

A certain someone made sure of that.

"You, stay in the car. I mean it."

I could see the seriousness in his gaze and decided to not fight him on this.

"Yeah, whatever. Just hurry up please."

He hoped out of the car and walked up to the front door.

From where the car was parked I couldn't see he opened the door for him.

I pulled out my phone and started reading my book.

God of pain by Rina Kent.

Man, do I love this book. Don't get me wrong I love other books as well considering I read a lot but this book and series is my favorite.

I've read it several times but it never gets old.

I'm about to get to my favorite part, when a text appears.

UNKNOWN: Look out the window.

My head snaps toward the right window.

But all I see is the night sky and the quiet neighborhood.

So I quickly turn to my window.

I freeze at the sight of a dark shadow lurking next to one of the expansive cars in the drive way.

The one thought that comes to mind is Asher.

So instead of sitting in the car, I use the track lessons I took in middle school through the second year of high school and run.

My legs are sore from practice as I sprint to the door.

My fists pound on the door until it flies open and Asher appears with a worried expression on his face.

"Emberly wha-." I cut of his sentence and jump in his arms.

"There's someone out there." I say through jagged breaths.

AUTHORS NOTE:

I wonder what everyone will say? Will they let her join the group?

Asher's chapter next.

Also I unpublished Hearts of Carnage, I'm focusing on this story but I will be publishing another story hopefully soon.

I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote!