𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

BIRDIE CARRINGTON

Once Jax and temperance leave and the door shuts behind them Cade looks down at me and says, "Thanks for letting me stay here

Once Jax and temperance leave and the door shuts behind them Cade looks down at me and says, "Thanks for letting me stay here."

I give him my brightest smile so he knows it's no problem at all. In fact I'm glad he's here, I don't really want to be alone right now.

But I don't say that. Instead I say, "Anytime my good sir Cade."

He chuckles at that.

And I realize how much I love that sound. Maybe because he never really laughs with anyone else.

Which is perfect because I want to that laugh all to myself.

We reach the top of the stairs and the hallway filled with doors.

"Which one is your guest room?" He asks motioning to the hall.

I point to the second door on the right across from mine. "This one."

He walks to the door and begins to open it when he stops.

He slowly turns to me then opens his mouth before closing it again.

"Good night Birdie." He finally says then pauses. "Are you sure you're alright?"

Truth is I don't know if I'm alright.

"Good night Cade and yes I'm fine." I nod and walk over to my door.

He nods as well and pushes the door open before walking in and shutting it.

I put my hand on the door handle but stop.

Maybe I'm not fine. And maybe I don't want to be alone in my room.

Maybe knowing he's across the hall isn't enough. Maybe I need to be snuggled up close to his chest and in his strong arms.

But there's nothing I can do as mom always says 'depending on someone else makes you weak and a burden.'

Frick her and go to Cade.

No I can't.

Yes you can.

I try to ignore that Voice in my head and enter my room but I stop mid door way and turn back around to knock on Cades door.

I knock once and the door swings open and a shirtless Cade stares me deep in the eyes.

"What's wrong Birdie? I tilts his head to the side and examines me carefully.

"Yeah...I um...never-mind I shouldn't have bugged you I'm sorry." I go to turn away when a big strong hand wraps around my writs.

"I'm gonna stop you right there. One, you could never bug me and two, say what you were gonna say. I'm listening."

I feel butterflies swarm my stomach and my heart thumps harder than what's considered normal.

He sounds like he actually cares.

Like he cares more about me than my mother ever did.

"I...I don't want to be alone right now. A-and you make me feel safe. So I was wondering if I could sleep with you."

He doesn't say anything just stares.

So i continue on.

"Not sleep with you like sleep with you, just lay down in my bed and sleep. Of course you don't have to say yes. I know it's a weird request. Actually I don't know why I said that at all. Just forget about-." I stop when he tugs me close against him.

He leans down and speaks in a voice. "I will not forget about. You want me to sleep with you I'll sleep with you. You want me to. Sleep with you I'll do that too." He winks.

I'm too stunned to speak but he must not care because he drags me back to my room and closes the door shut.

He walks over to my bed and tucks himself under the covers. He give me an expectant look and says "are you going to change or wear that to bed."

I look down at one of my favorite floral dress which he is referring too.

"Yeah that might be uncomfortable to sleep in." I walk over to closet and pull out my favorite pjs with the ice creams decorating them.

After I change into them in the bathroom and mentally prepare myself for that fact that I'll be sleeping with Cade, i walk out of the bathroom and into the bedroom.

Without a word I peel the covers back and tuck myself beneath them just like he did.

I reach over and turn the light the off.

"Good night Birdie."

"Good night Cade."

I shift closer to him in the darkness and feel safe.

Safer than I have in a long while.

So safe that sleep drifts over me the fastest it has in a while.

AUTHORS NOTE:

-ether Cade or another Birdie chapter is next I haven't decided.
-sorry for the slow posting I've just not been as motivated but I'll try to get more chapters out.

-Corrupted Hearts (mafia, arranged marriage) which is a duo with Corrupted Obsessions?

-God damit I love you (two princesses, and two bodyguards)?

-Love of enemies (childhood, best friends to enemies to lovers)?

I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote!