𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

SILAS WILLIAMS

"We have to figure out what the hell this secret is before it gets us killed

"We have to figure out what the hell this secret is before it gets us killed." Reality sets in after I speak.

And by the looks on everyone's faces I'm not the only one.

"Well whatever the secret is, we know our parents and more specifically Birdies mom know exactly what that secret is." Will speaks.

Tatum nods slowly in agreement then says, "But how are we going to get our parents to admire this secret, tell us about this secret, if they don't want anyone more importantly us to know about?" She pauses.

"I don't know about you guys but the hardest part is going to be to get our parents to admit to this."

She's not wrong, especially sense whatever they did must be real bad if there's a stalker after their kids.

Maybe that's why my parents are never home. They're afraid they might let something slip about the secret.

Yeah right.

They probably just don't care about you.

I tense at the thoughts playing in my head. Hayven notices and interlaces our hands.

I rub circles on the back of her hand and start to calm back down.

I wanna say I love you but I can't.

I can't drag her back down the rabbit whole that was our relationship. I don't want her to have to relive that side of me again.

Not even if it's for my own selfish reasons of wanting her to be mine again.

"Then we need to find a way to get it out of them until then I'll see you guys later. I've got a class to get too." Temperance salutes then walks out, Jax hot on her trail.

Those two.

I shake my head at the thought. They hate each other and yet they can't spend more than 2 hours without seeing each other.

Everyone leaves as well leaving me and Hayven alone in the empty classroom.

I look down at her so I can see how she's feeling about this but she's looking at the ground.

I lift her chin with my pointer finger and make her look me in the eye.

"What wrong ma belle?" I ask as I stroke her cheek. She opens her mouth to speak but I stop her. "And don't try and lie to me."

Her eyes start to swell with tears and my heart breaks. All though this isn't the first time I've seen her cry it still hurts just a much every single time.

"Hey. Hey. You're okay." I pull her into my chest and let her cry into my shoulder.

"I-I'm s-scared." She stutters as she tries to speak through the tears.

I tilt her head so she looks up at me and use my thumbs to wipe the tears from her eyes.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you. Do you understand that?"

She doesn't respond so I ask again. "Do. You. Understand?"

"Yes." She whispers.

I made the mistake of not protecting her like she needed me to once and I'm not about to make that mistake again.

AUTHORS NOTE:

-Sorry for not posting in a while I'm still going to update but slower because I'm focusing on my other book 'when one burns we all burn'

-I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote!